Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jmerc

7 hours ago, Jmerc said:

Wait im confused... if there are 2 episodes left per that tweet, then next week isnt the finale?

Nine episodes total, apparently. I'm too lazy or sleepy to do the math, so I'll agree with others above. 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WandaVision Finale

I know a lot of ppl online are already disappointed that there weren't 50 cameos and confirmed theories but I enjoyed the finale. I'm disappointed that Evan Peters' Pietro just ended up being Ralph lol (for now), and that Dr. Strange didn't show up at all. Scarlet Witch's costume is so freaking beautiful so that makes up for it for me lmao. Lots of loose ends still like where White Vision went but it's Marvel so y'know. That post credits scene definitely confirms multiverse, hopefully.

Guest Fight Me.

Just finished as well lol Yeah I was expecting some kind of cameo or something big...but it was still fantastic either way. Wanda was never getting a happy ending or anything but I'm glad she got some closure with Vision. Damn, time just flew by. And now we wait for Dr. Strange 2 lol

Edited by Fight Me.

Finale was fine. Post credits scene was...also fine. I was pleasantly surprised by the entire show, tbh...so it's not like I can talk trash about it. I started out hating it, and it turned into something I enjoyed watching every week. That's a win in my book. And the finale left me on the hook, so that's cool too. 

Obviously the white/lifeless form of Vision that was restored by S.W.O.R.D. will end up remembering who he is...and then Wanda will graft the mind stone back onto him. I thought it was kind of funny that he flew away in the first place. He was like "I remember who I am...BYE!" Lol.

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like there are no plans for a season 2 of WandaVision. And, honestly...why would there be? The entire series hinged on this faux television show that Wanda had created. It was all told in that story arc. Obviously, those characters we saw in WandaVision will pop up in other Marvel projects. But...I'm not sure why people expected a season 2.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, there's no reason. I think people mostly are just counting down the days to see some characters again in movies. Wanda in Dr. Strange 2, Monica in Captain Marvel 2, Jimmy Woo in Ant Man 3, Darcy in Thor 4.

I think it's because WandaVision is popular, and people wanted more so they hoped Season 2 would come... but yeah, I don't see a reason for that either when things got resolved, so no more sitcom for Wanda. 

Well it said on the last episode Series Finale, so there won't be a S2. Now Falcon and the Winter Soldier or Loki I could see have a S2. But yeah the series has done its purpose 

Making Wanda into The Scarlett Witch. Also 2 more Pops were announced! I already got 1 of them

Edited by TrisetMaster908

The first episode of Marvel Stuidios Assembled is really good. I didn't expect the Wandavision process to be so interesting.

I guess I just expected that a lot of those older techniques had been modernized. But they really did a lot of it the classic way, which was a joy to watch.

I swear, for some reason I thought Falcon and Winter Soldier was a movie.

Gotta check out episode 1 later tonight. 

On 3/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, AegisAvenger said:

Is Disney + worth it just for the MCU stuff? Getting tired of lack of MCU movies.

Is it complicated to use it on PS4?

Disney+ is worth it for a lot of stuff. Especially if you get the bundle. I don't really watch sports...so the ESPN+ app is pretty useless to me. But, I think it's like $14 for Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+...which is not bad at all. If you already have Hulu, they just charge you the remaining amount ($7 or whatever it is). Anyway, yeah...I can't attest for PS4 specifically. But, it should be fine. The app itself is very straight forward no matter where you use it. I use it on my Nvidia Shield, PC, and Xbox One mostly...but I've never heard of any issues with PS4. 

On 3/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, AegisAvenger said:

Is Disney + worth it just for the MCU stuff? Getting tired of lack of MCU movies.

Is it complicated to use it on PS4?

Yes. And as Gen said, the bundle is worth it, you get three services for the same price as Netflix or Prime, I think. 

I'm going through a rewatch of the MCU and decided to rank them as I watch them.
Here's my ranking after finishing Phase 1.

1. Iron Man
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Captain America: The First Avenger
4. The Avengers
5. Thor
6. Iron Man 2

The Avengers was the hardest to rank but it's definitely in the bottom 3, which surprised me the most 'cause I don't remember it being this bad. Now though? Yeesh. 

The editing and cinematography in that movie is infuriating and is more reminiscent of a TV show than a big budget superhero film. It doesn't help that it's the only movie in the entire MCU filmed in 16:9 aspect ratio. The Avengers' saving grace is the spectacle of the final fight and it's SFX.

As for Thor and Iron Man 2, the former is okay but kinda boring, whereas the latter just plain sucks.

And seriously consider rewatching The Incredible Hulk if you haven't in a while because I loved it this time round.

Edited by AlterNation

The premier access stuff is robbery. I get that they're trying to encourage people to go back to the theater...but there is no reason why it should be more expensive than a movie ticket. A movie ticket is like $16 bucks, maybe...if you want IMAX and all that jazz (far cheaper if you go on an off-day and get the base screening on a smaller screen...then it's like half that amount). How they have the nerve to charge $29.99 for a digital rental is some real shit, tbh.

The price is even more wild when you consider the turnaround on it. I don't know if it will always be as quick as it was for Mulan...but I think it was only something like 3 months and then it was free for everyone. I can just wait. If the turnaround is going to consistently be that quick, then I ain't paying $30 bucks for a one-time viewing.

Edited by Generations

1 hour ago, Generations said:

The premier access stuff is robbery. I get that they're trying to encourage people to go back to the theater...but there is no reason why it should be more expensive than a movie ticket. A movie ticket is like $16 bucks... How they have the nerve to charge $29.99 for a digital rental is some real shit, tbh.

I'm pretty sure they have "families" in mind for the home viewing experience. An average family of 4 is saving money with premiere  access