Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jmerc

I did see an article about Spidey possibly in Venom but naw. It was one of the articles that dropped right after the news of Sony declining the 50 50 feel. Sony was trying to compromise and asked about the,possibility of Venom appearing in the MCU. I'll see if I can track it down

"The two studios are reportedly discussing a new deal that will allow for Disney to get 30% of Spider-Manas long as the character of Venom is also introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If youre familiar with Venom, you know that hes a pretty dark and creepy characterbut then again, if Disney is making more Deadpool films, is it too far off for Venom to be included in the MCU?"

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/09/sony-disney-spider-man-ba1/

And I'm trying to understand why Marvel ducked the 30% counter offer but accepted the 25%. Somebody know something I don't?

Edited by WNX

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney isn't full-lean when it comes to kid-friendly content anyway. Not sure who so many people still think that about them. It's a massive corporation with many different properties under one umbrella. Many of those properties are adult-oriented. I believe they already confirmed that Dead Pool would continue in the same direction that it already had been.

• 2 weeks later...

So supposedly Robert Downey jr. Signed up to be Iron Man again in Phase 4 some think he's going to be a i

"What if..."

So supposedly Robert Downey jr. Signed up to be Iron Man again in Phase 4 some think he's going to be a i

"What if..."

Wouldn't surprise me if that's the workaround for Stark being gone...

They just have him as the voice of Spider-Man's suit...or maybe they keep Rescue in the movies and he's the voice in her suit. Either way...it would be a very Marvel thing to do. "Oh...it's a highly technical and advanced algorithm that has Tony's exact tendencies. Even cracks jokes." :lol:

That, or they just go back in time again to bring him back. Lol.

Edited by Generations

Actually he might be back in his own series

On Thursday evening, news broke that actor Robert Downey Jr. is already in talks to return as Tony Stark/Iron Man for a new Disney+ TV series. If true, Tony would feature in a show called Iron Heart, based on the Marvel comic book series and character of the same name. In contemporary Marvel comics, Iron Heart is the alias for a new version of Iron Man, who is actually a woman named Riri Williams. In the series, Riri takes over the mantle of Iron Man from Tony Stark, who basically retires.

I mean...I don't entirely know what all of that means, but I guess it's cool.

I know the Marvel movies have been done well...so, it should be a good thing. Also, I read a bit about this Perlmutter guy, and it sounds like this is a middle finger to him. So, that's cool too. :lol:

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...

So, you guys might have heard already but the rumor mill as of late (and that's rumors as in I don't think there's official Marvel announcement for all of them, but info shared by dependable sources that usually get it right) includes:

-The Nova movie is in the works (that was officially confirmed though, right?l

-There's a Cap 4 in the pipe with Wilson as the lead

-Sound like they're trying to reboot Inhumans through Ms. Marvel

-They might possibly be recasting Hawkeye due to some domestic sheeit. One of thr claims is Renner fired a gun into the ceiling, put it in his mouth and threatened to pull the trigger. His wife is battling for sole custody of their daughter

-And finally, coming off the news that they're interested in using Daredevil and Jessica Jones when that period is over, they also want to use Jon Bernthal's Punisher in future projects as well

He's great as Hawkeye. They suck at writing Hawkeye.

Also they literally have a TV show coming out about Kate Bishop becoming Hawkeye, of course he's going to be replaced. That's the lore. Also Renner having a shitty personal life right now wont mean anything, idk if you guys knew of RDJ before Iron Man, but he was a huge piece of shit.

Edited by Creepia

Didn't RDJ change though, after dealing with his demons?

Nah, it's Jeremy Renner, at least for me. The writing doesn't help, but it's him that's the main problem.

And Jeremy Renner might change... if he even needs to, idk what hes got going on. Point is, Disney arent going to be punishing him for it.

• 1 month later...