Official NXT Takeover: Toronto Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Swerve. But is it just me or he doesn't seem that fluid when he is doing his high flyng stuff? I don't mind it really, and I dig that handstand apron combo, but he kinda looks a bit slow?

I just watched a few matches in WWE though, not his earlier stuff.

I dont know what youve been watching buddy. Hes one of the crispest dudes Ive ever seen in the ring. Going back to LU as Killshot. Him, Ricochet & Ospreay all immediately come to mind to me for crispness.

Quebrada (Lionsault) and Risk-taker are basically the same as Moonsault and High-Flyer lol

FML I always thought it was "Kip Rana" not "Quebrada" for springboard moonsaults
"This move is known as La Quebrada in lucha libre, sometimes shortened to simply Quebrada." from Wikipedia :hqhq: it'd the first time I've heard that term tbh

Went back and watched the first Takeover: Toronto, and I forgot how good #DIY vs. Revival 2 was.

That match along with Ciampa/Gargano at NOLA, Bate vs. Dunne in Chicago and Almas vs. Gargano in Phili is one of the best matches in NXT history. Mustache Mountain vs. UE on NXT is a good shout too. Grade A storytelling in that one.

For as good as Velveteen is at the moment, he is still green and it wouldn't hurt him at all to stay down in NXT for a bit longer. Out of all of the stars that have been through NXT, I feel like Dream has the most potential to be big whenever he gets called.

I feel like Dunne has been ready for the main roster for a while now.

Archived