Official NXT Takeover: Toronto Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Grudge Match

Singles Match

Candice LeRae vs. Io Shirai

eAPDFv3.jpg

When was the last time we had two women's matches on a Takeover? Lol

Who do y'all think had more competent challengers, Shayna or Asuka? :hqhq:

Brooklyn II - Ember Moon debuted against Billie Kay, Asuka/Bayley II (Bayley's last NXT match)

Not counting any matches taped for NXT aired the next week.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grudge Match

Singles Match

Candice LeRae vs. Io Shirai

eAPDFv3.jpg

When was the last time we had two women's matches on a Takeover? Lol

Who do y'all think had more competent challengers, Shayna or Asuka? :hqhq:

I remember people on Twitter hating Triple H for never having more than one womens match on Takeover cards. Guess he listened.

Shayna should've been gone from NXT since Mania weekend.

Fax. Her staying in NXT *censored*ed up both rosters IMO. Wouldve been an immediate replacement for Rousey instead of that week as feud with Lacey, and Io wouldnt have had to turn heel, wouldve gotten some fresh matchups in NXT with new top faces, and number of the women couldve had decent reigns.

In a perfect world, Charlotte never would have beaten Asuka for the SD Women's title a few weeks before WM - and instead, Shayna would have debuted some time before or after the Royal Rumble on SD and challenged Asuka for the Women's title at WM.

And nah, Shayna's reign has not been better than Asuka's - not even close, in my opinion. I did sour on Asuka's reign a bit myself when she feuded with Ember again going into Takeover: Brooklyn 3, but it wasn't Asuka's fault. Ember is just a really lame ass character to me, but their match was *censored*ing great.

Shayna is a good example of a mediocre talent being made to look like a million bucks with a really consistent push. In other words...she's going to look like shit when she transitions to the main roster. At face value, there's nothing special about Shayna. She cuts pretty bad promos, she has a face for radio, and her wrestling ability doesn't really transition beyond "I couldn't cut it in MMA, so now I'm here".

That said...her NXT legacy is certainly intact.

You can't deny that she's had a great NXT career, even if you don't like her (which I don't).

With the exception of her matches with Kairi, ive thought her Takeover match was always the weakest and booked the exact same way every time. It doesnt even feel like she lost the belt for a month like its just been dull as dishwater. Literally the only thing i would want would be for Dakota to beat her.

To be honest...Always fought that was more the result of a lacking NXT Women's division. As you said...Her matches with Kairi were fine. They also happen to be the only matches with a established name, with enough credibility in the ring. The NXT Women's title picture was kinda left behind the other three titles for a while. I hope with Dakota Kai possibly returning soon, that will change.

But NXT is still lacking female names. Mostly because the main roster raided them basically in one swoop. Kairi Sane, Ember Moon, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Nikki Cross and Lacey Evans were all gone within a few months and the people left were either injured or not built up very well.

Archived