Official NXT Takeover: Toronto Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a lot unfavourable opinions here about Mia Yim over a while. And since I'm not really in the loop for weeklys and I can't recall seeing much of her, can't somebody try to explain why people are not really into her? Her in ring work? Persona? A lack of one...

I see a lot unfavourable opinions here about Mia Yim over a while. And since I'm not really in the loop for weeklys and I can't recall seeing much of her, can't somebody try to explain why people are not really into her? Her in ring work? Persona? A lack of one...

Ring work, persona, look. I havent really watched TNA since like, 2010-2011, but I remember a few years ago I watched a couple of Impact shows and Mia was in The Dollhouse as Jade. I dont really remember her ring skills but I thought her look was awesome! She really stood out to me.

And I know looks and gimmicks in professional wrestling are often recycled, but her coming out as the baddie wearing the bandana around her face and attitude just screams Ivelisse to me. And Ivelisse hates her so she called her out for it, but I thought that before I had even saw her opinion so I was in no way influenced.

But going back to the MYC, she just didnt really impress me honestly. But neither did some of those other girls in the tournament. Then they had her beat Belair which I thought was a huge mistake and build her up as the potential one to dethrone Shayna over Sane (again), Io, & Belair. That would suck, IMO.

tl;dr, I just dont think shes anything great in the ring, others should dethrone Shayna & her look is lame to me.

I wasn't really watching TNA at the time but I remember seeing The Dollhouse vignettes and really dug those. Mia... I don't hate her as much as other people seem to but I don't think she should be in the title picture either. Prior to this push, she had been teaming with Lacey Lane on and off on live events, I'd rather see that... with the Women's Tag Titles actually defended across all brands which has seemingly been forgotten about.

I really need Dijak vs. Keith Lee on one of these shows Takeover Wargames pls.

I believe we were going to instead of WALTER/Dunne, but then they both got hurt lol Dijakovic is still out I believe.

Yeah I know lol, thats why I want it later in the year.

Dijakovic returned to action in a recent NXT Live Event.

Difference is, Ember was always awesome to watch wrestle. Mia Yim is just bland at everything.

Plus, Ember has a finisher that brought people to their feet. Where as Mia's finisher make people either fold their arms or sit on their hands. Ember at least had that one thing going for her.

What a waste of a good song-turned-finisher name

I agree. I think she borrowed the name from someone else. I remember somebody used that same name in Impact for their finisher.

With that being said, who besides Mia or Candice will step up to challenge for the Women's title? I mean you have Deonna Purazzo waiting in the wings.

Archived