Official NXT Takeover: Toronto Discussion Thread

Jmerc

CKnkMoh.png

Date: 10 August 2019, 7 PMET/4 PMPT

Venue: Scotiabank Arena

#NXTLoud Theme(s): Slipknot - "Unsainted"

NXT Championship Match

2-out-of-3 Falls Match

(1st Fall: Street Fight Match, 2nd Fall: Singles Match and 3rd Fall: TBA by William Regal (if required))

Adam Cole © vs. Johnny Gargano

0HZFTAG.jpg

NXT Women's Championship Match

Singles Match

Shayna Baszler © vs. Mia Yim

HkzDBGC.jpg

NXT North American Championship Match

Triple Threat Match

Pete Dunne vs. Velveteen Dream © vs. Roderick Strong

mBKkK7a.jpg

NXT Tag Team Championship

Tag Team Match

The Street Profits © vs. The Undisputed ERA

xKpdrsL.jpg

Grudge Match

Singles Match

Io Shirai vs. Candice LeRae

btAhaFd.jpg

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where tf you see Big Daddy Ciampa? He'd still be champ until he recovered if it was up to me. ?

Just speaking about the twitter post where he said he was coming for "Goldie".

Seriously...those dudes need to move on. Any love I once had for them has been dashed by their lack of motivation to move on. Yeah...we get it...people get ruined on the main roster. Doesn't mean you can just chill in NXT and make the title scene stagnant. It's just as bad to me (if not worse) as guys like Taker and Goldberg coming back. It's not "charming" anymore that Ciampa and Gargano want to spend their entire careers in NXT. It got old about a year ago.

Where tf you see Big Daddy Ciampa? He'd still be champ until he recovered if it was up to me. ?

Seriously...those dudes need to move on. Any love I once had for them has been dashed by their lack of motivation to move on. Yeah...we get it...people get ruined on the main roster. Doesn't mean you can just chill in NXT and make the title scene stagnant. It's just as bad to me (if not worse) as guys like Taker and Goldberg coming back. It's not "charming" anymore that Ciampa and Gargano want to spend their entire careers in NXT. It got old about a year ago.

They do not need to, nor should they, be moving up to the main roster right now. Raw and Smackdown are already over crowded enough with a handful of people on those rosters who arent even being used and you want them to go there so theyll just get lost in the shuffle? NXT is a legitimate third brand now and ill argue that till im blue in the face, there is nothing wrong with them wanting to stay and make NXT as big as possible while also getting the chance to do what they love the most, wrestle. Something they wont get to do on the main roster. You wont see Gargano getting these 30 minute 5 Star wars on Raw or Smackdown or any PPV. Same with Ciampa, theyll make him the chickenshit heel like everyone else not the badass heel thatll beat your ass and isnt afraid to fight.

How in the hell do you know that they dont have motivation to move on? Are you in the lockeroom? Do you know these guys personally to know their career goals and trajectory? No, you dont. You are talking out you presumptuous ass. These guys are employees, they get told where to go and what to do by their bosses. Triple H is the one keeping them in NXT.

All these people getting angry because I spoke the truth about their favorite guys...

Doesn't change that these dudes are milking every drop that they can out of a territory that is meant to help the rising stars. NXT was founded on the concept of always evolving with a new batch of talents. We simply don't have that anymore. There are too many mainstays, and that shit is making the product stagnant. I can't argue that Raw and SD aren't overcrowded with unused talents. But that doesn't change NXT from also being overcrowded with unused talents (which it is). Now we've got Tyler Breeze's mediocre ass coming back to fill a spot that could go to a young upcoming star. And we've got Ciampa and Gargano returning to chase the world title yet again. No thanks. Something new, please.

All these people getting angry because I spoke the truth about their favorite guys...

Doesn't change that these dudes are milking every drop that they can out of a territory that is meant to help the rising stars. NXT was founded on the concept of always evolving with a new batch of talents. We simply don't have that anymore. There are too many mainstays, and that shit is making the product stagnant. I can't argue that Raw and SD aren't overcrowded with unused talents. But that doesn't change NXT from also being overcrowded with unused talents (which it is). Now we've got Tyler Breeze's mediocre ass coming back to fill a spot that could go to a young upcoming star. And we've got Ciampa and Gargano returning to chase the world title yet again. No thanks. Something new, please.

And Raw was founded on the concept of delivering a 1 hour show of WWF action monday every week, with the first out of 3 or 4 episodes being live, showcasing established talent jobbing out jobbers and cutting promos on their PPV opponent.

NXT is always evolving. Getting new wrestlers is not the only way to do so.

Ignoring that they're in the middle of establishing 8 new wrestlers with the breakout tournament and are also building up Keith Lee, Damian Priest, Mia Yim and others...there is nothing wrong with a show evolving from it's initial premise. Hell...NXT has always done that. Starting out as a Rookie-Pro Talent show, then a Booked-by-the-wrestlers regular wrestling show, to a developmental brand, into a transitional brand and now into an alternate brand.

Simply changing up the roster does nothing to evolve the actual product. Trying new concepts and new methods does. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa came in as Tag-Team Classic filler and ended up being the top names of NXT, elevating the whole brand with them in the process. Besides that, Johnny Gargano's TakeOver opponents often were on the winning side and they're better off after their match(es) with him. (See Velveteen Dream, Almas, Richochet, Adam Cole, Ciampa.) I really don't see your issue here. It's not like the rest of NXT is being buried underneath Gargano and Ciampa. Quite the opposite, with Ricochet, Aleister Black, the Revival and AoP not just leaving NXT, while still looking strong, despite sharing their spotlight with the DIY storylines, but coming in a credible threats to established main roster talent.

I really don't see the problem you're seeing.

You would have more of a point of arguing against people returning to NXT from the main roster and event then you have Tyson Kidd and Cesaro as two of the pillars of the early NXT brand.

And, unless you didn't see the Regal interview, this is very likely Gargano's final match for NXT

And Raw was founded on the concept of delivering a 1 hour show of WWF action monday every week, with the first out of 3 or 4 episodes being live, showcasing established talent jobbing out jobbers and cutting promos on their PPV opponent.

NXT is always evolving.

Lmao. This is hardly the same thing.

I don't see the issue with Gargano and Ciampa still being in NXT, either. Although, I've grown a bit tired of Gargano by this point, but I think it's because of Ciampa untimely injury.

Yeah, Ciampa and Gargano have been in NXT since like 2016, but they've probably had the most well-constructed, and longest storyline in NXT so far. Their feud and their stay in NXT has probably been prolonged because of injuries (Ciampa's first one after Takeover: Chicago, and Aliester's last summer before Brooklyn 4).

As far the actual show goes, I can't say I'm too excited about seeing Cole vs. Gargano. Their last few matches weren't my cup of tea and I think a lot of people have overrated the *Censored* out both title matches.

I really need Dijak vs. Keith Lee on one of these shows Takeover Wargames pls.

I believe we were going to instead of WALTER/Dunne, but then they both got hurt lol Dijakovic is still out I believe.

I really need Dijak vs. Keith Lee on one of these shows Takeover Wargames pls.

I believe we were going to instead of WALTER/Dunne, but then they both got hurt lol Dijakovic is still out I believe.

Yeah I know lol, thats why I want it later in the year.

I guess UE gonna get them belts back?

I love SP but might as well. Move them up to the main roster full time and have Roddy win with Dream chasing Cole next. Then you can crown Dream around Mania next year.

Archived