WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

What happened to Kofi is the same thing that happened to Brock against Goldberg. Kofi got caught and paid for it. Big deal. He had a good run.

Did someone better known from another sport turn up right after Lesnar lost and try to fight Goldberg while Lesnar just vanished?

Kofi hasn't just vanished. He'll be there next week.

He vanished right after the match; kicked aside for the new match up

But you know what? There is one glaring flaw in your comparison: the Lesnar/Goldberg match you're talking about wasn't even a championship match. In fact, a better comparison would be Owens/Goldberg which was bullshit as well.

The belt is just a prop my dude.

yes, and the sun doesn't actually vanish during the night.

You're correct. That's why there is still light.

stop acting like a damn child, jeez...

of course Kofi is gonna be there next week, you deliberately missed the point just to make a sarcastic comment.

get over yourself.

You are the ones boo hooing because Kofi lost in four seconds in a make believe match.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao

so trolling on politics wasn't enough, now you are trolling about wrestling on a wrestling forum.

case closed.

I'm not trolling in either case. I said it was a good run. Just because he lost in four seconds doesn't mean it's a burial.

One match doesn't equal burial. Sorry.

Both. It's a terrible response because you believe it nullifies my whole point which was basically saying you're comparison was very flawed and inaccurate.

You brought in the belt. I didn't. Not to mention, he had a six month run and he lost to THE most protected guy in the WWE. Nothing to get mad about. You guys are acting like he's going to be on main event next week in a feud with Zach Ryder.

Both. It's a terrible response because you believe it nullifies my whole point which was basically saying you're comparison was very flawed and inaccurate.

You brought in the belt. I didn't. Not to mention, he had a six month run and he lost to THE most protected guy in the WWE. Nothing to get mad about. You guys are acting like he's going to be on main event next week in a feud with Zach Ryder.

You can make this case about Kofi's booking but my issue with you is that you made a bad comparison to justify your reasoning which then made your reasoning look really faulty. That's it. I was just pointing out how dissimilar the Lesnar/Goldberg match was.

But for the record, I'm not as shattered over this as you think I am. I thought his run as champ wasn't very good, frankly. He was uninteresting and his opponents and feuds were lackluster to say the least. My main problem with this whole thing is that you generally shouldn't book your champions to look weak and insignificant as that. Kofi IMO came off looking like a nobody. I don't think his future is dire. I know he'll survive this ultimately. But in that moment -- losing that match like he did and then pushed aside to be forgotten about so that the real fighters can get to work -- he came off as a total nobody. Not cool. You don't do that to your champ especially in front of a slew of new viewers.

Like at least have let him hit like 3 TIP, Brock kicks out, then he can catch Kofi in an F5 or something. Like the fact that it was literally F5 and 1 2 3 is such a huge slap in the face. You may have well have said "right you all had Kofis moment time to end this shit and go back to Brock". Like *Censored* dude you couldve booked it better at least.

So...SD was awesome. New set is awesome. Looks like SD is 100% the "A-Show" now. Show was enjoyable from start to finish. Also...as ready as I was personally for Kofi's reign to end...that made no sense. He lost the belt...for what? Cain vs Lesnar doesn't need the belt. Cain is coming in to defend his fellow Mexican, Rey Mysterio. You already have an angle there...why did they double book a second angle, at the cost of losing a separate WWE title match? I swear, just when you think WWE is headed in the right direction, they do some wonky shit like that. Two of the most legitimate personal feuds (Rey getting revenge for his son), and Cain having history with Brock...and they feel like the belt adds something to that? It doesn't.

I legit couldn't recognize Velasquez...

at first I was like: "whoah, is that Dominick? Shaved and ready to kick ass already lol?"

Tbh, Cain looked kinda off there. I don't know, some chump with a knee brace... I get that it was a deal in the last minute probably, but still... He is with Rey just because... latinos? And probably to make him look bigger though.

The Rock stuff rubbed me the wrong way too. I'll admit, since I was a kid, I've never been a fan of The Rock... but his promo was more cringey than usual. Especially paired with Becky. Two catchphrases, a virgin joke, some jokes about balls, and even "broke ass burger king on crack" was just... no... Like, big stars can recover from those kind of jabs easily and it can be fun I guess... but Corbin looked like a complete random tool. Even more than usual.

Owens vs Shane was underwhelming. I mean... that was supposed to be at HIAC. It was one of the main stories on SDL for a while... Shane was built up for the longest while... Owens is STILL being built up as a big babyface. Yet, he doesn't even get a proper entrance...? Some cool spots, and that's that.

But ok, moving on, no big deal, you know... time constraints....

Nakamura vs Seth was off, due to way too quick Fiend appearence. But ok, some quick promo for the match...

8-man tag... Why is this even--...= Oh Fury? Cool. Moving on.

Rowan vs Reigns coming up... that means WWE title match will be a squash. Ok,to be expected. Wonder how Stone Cold will fit into all of this...

Ok, Lesanr vs Kofi. Let's g--... oh. 6 seconds.

Oh look Dominick...

-----------------------------

The Stone Cold situation is weird to say the least.

All in all, all flash, zero substance.

Eerything looked like it was just thrown together at the last minute,

The Rock stuff rubbed me the wrong way too. I'll admit, since I was a kid, I've never been a fan of The Rock... but his promo was more cringey than usual. Especially paired with Becky. Two catchphrases, a virgin joke, some jokes about balls, and even "broke ass burger king on crack" was just... no... Like, big stars can recover from those kind of jabs easily and it can be fun I guess... but Corbin looked like a complete random tool. Even more than usual.

Even though Ill admit his promo material usually does make me chuckle, I just hate how he berates his opponents to the point of making them look like total losers, barely putting them over. That style of cutting of promos has always rubbed me the wrong way. Cena did the same as well. But that being said, last night it didnt bother me much because it was Corbin and hes a bit of a tool anyway so he can handle it. lol As for Becky, I thought she came off looking like Rocks sidekick just following whatever he said which I thought was a bad look.

Even though Ill admit his promo material usually does make me chuckle, I just hate how he berates his opponents to the point of making them look like total losers, barely putting them over. That style of cutting of promos has always rubbed me the wrong way. Cena did the same as well. But that being said, last night it didnt bother me much because it was Corbin and hes a bit of a tool anyway so he can handle it. lol As for Becky, I thought she came off looking like Rocks sidekick just following whatever he said which I thought was a bad look.

Disagree here.

When Rock got in the ring, they had a "secret handshake"...which read like them being equals. Then...it was Becky who had the "Super Tough Dude" line, which was the basis for the whole segment. They fed off each other, like they were a couple of old friends. I never read Becky as just smiling and nodding at what the Rock said. She felt like an active participant in the segment.

Archived