Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeb ★

Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix)

Played the beta and I'm still not feeling it. Gameplay is okay to me at best, just feels kinda ham fisted all round. The game is going for the live service model when it would cleary work better as a linear experience. I hope I'm wrong but I feel like I can see the writing on the wall with this one. 

Playing the beta and it's definetly not Batman Arkham or PS4 Spider-Man but it's decent and fun. It'll probably improve over time but that means months or years after a ton of dlc and updates.

I was always going to get this no matter what because it's a new comic book game and especially marvel. It's not terrible and has potential to be great but yeah it'll probably take time as it keeps evolving 

7 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

I nabbed the code, thank you!

Sure thing! :)

Hope you will have fun with the game!

I hope we keep what we unlocked, and I don't mean the gear, I just want the Cosmetics. I love the more Comic Book IronMan. And the more green Hulk. But I heard we only will get Cards that carry over. 

And bad news about Spider-Man. They confirmed its not the same PS4 Spider-Man that came out in 2018 sadly. Missed opportunity IMO. Now I cant wait to see all the Cosmetics for that Spider-Man, atleast give us the new White Spider symbol suit. And I hope Quicksilver will come soon, just so I can use super speed

I just pray for MCU skins, give me the Stark Suit for Spider-Man, the Nanotec for Ironman, Ragnarok Thor and Hulk, and Winter Soldier Captain America 

So I've just read that the DLC isn't free you got to use your in game credits or buy the credits to unlock the DLC. Is that true?

Edited by snakebiteSB

3 hours ago, snakebiteSB said:

So I've just read that the DLC isn't free you got to use your in game credits or buy the credits to unlock the DLC. Is that true?

I'm pretty sure I read on Twitter that the DLC characters are free while the cosmetics are either through purchased in game credits or microtransactions so you're half right

Preloading the game rn

Twitter confused me, so many people were saying it was cosmetics, others were saying it was for the character and missions as well. People have lost their minds over it. We knew cosmetics were going to cost. But I thought they had gone back on their free DLC pledge. 

I'm getting the standard edition, can't justify the deluxe edition for the pre order bonuses and early release, I'm saving for a next gen console :lol: so I'll be dodging spoilers. 

Just got through the beta part of the story basically.

I hope getting credits (for the marketplace) through completing challenge cards isn't as grindy as it looks to be rn.

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition and it still hasn't shipped... can I go to my local EB Games and show them I pre-ordered online, so I can still have the pre-order bonus contents?

UPDATE: Never mind, my copy arrived. For whatever reasons, they didn't send an e-mail to notify me that my copy was on its way like usual.

Edited by AegisAvenger

Had to update it when I got home from downloading it at my friend's house. Im digging the story now, man the opening makes me WANT A MARVEL WORLD LIKE DISNEY. 

Story is alright but interesting with some twists. Fun though and there's many different type of missions to do, co-op or solo.

I've been playing solo and went through the story. I'll do online co-op tomorrow

Can't decide if I want this or not. Are there enough parts of the game where you get at least a little freedom or is it all a very Telltale-styled-Quick-time-event game like the beta made it look?

(Also are there enough Cap skins to make him not look like the crappy MCU Cap? I know it's a minor thing but I really can't deal with that lack of coloured look for Cap.)

On 9/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, ThreeG said:

(Also are there enough Cap skins to make him not look like the crappy MCU Cap? I know it's a minor thing but I really can't deal with that lack of coloured look for Cap.)

Here's all the suits you can get in-game without microtransactions. Tbh there's only really a handful of good suits for him

https://youtu.be/ewHASRI87fI