Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix)

Jeb ★

Played the beta and I'm still not feeling it. Gameplay is okay to me at best, just feels kinda ham fisted all round. The game is going for the live service model when it would cleary work better as a linear experience. I hope I'm wrong but I feel like I can see the writing on the wall with this one. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing the beta and it's definetly not Batman Arkham or PS4 Spider-Man but it's decent and fun. It'll probably improve over time but that means months or years after a ton of dlc and updates.

I was always going to get this no matter what because it's a new comic book game and especially marvel. It's not terrible and has potential to be great but yeah it'll probably take time as it keeps evolving 

I hope we keep what we unlocked, and I don't mean the gear, I just want the Cosmetics. I love the more Comic Book IronMan. And the more green Hulk. But I heard we only will get Cards that carry over. 

And bad news about Spider-Man. They confirmed its not the same PS4 Spider-Man that came out in 2018 sadly. Missed opportunity IMO. Now I cant wait to see all the Cosmetics for that Spider-Man, atleast give us the new White Spider symbol suit. And I hope Quicksilver will come soon, just so I can use super speed

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, snakebiteSB said:

So I've just read that the DLC isn't free you got to use your in game credits or buy the credits to unlock the DLC. Is that true?

I'm pretty sure I read on Twitter that the DLC characters are free while the cosmetics are either through purchased in game credits or microtransactions so you're half right

Preloading the game rn

Twitter confused me, so many people were saying it was cosmetics, others were saying it was for the character and missions as well. People have lost their minds over it. We knew cosmetics were going to cost. But I thought they had gone back on their free DLC pledge. 

I'm getting the standard edition, can't justify the deluxe edition for the pre order bonuses and early release, I'm saving for a next gen console :lol: so I'll be dodging spoilers. 

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition and it still hasn't shipped... can I go to my local EB Games and show them I pre-ordered online, so I can still have the pre-order bonus contents?

UPDATE: Never mind, my copy arrived. For whatever reasons, they didn't send an e-mail to notify me that my copy was on its way like usual.

Can't decide if I want this or not. Are there enough parts of the game where you get at least a little freedom or is it all a very Telltale-styled-Quick-time-event game like the beta made it look?

(Also are there enough Cap skins to make him not look like the crappy MCU Cap? I know it's a minor thing but I really can't deal with that lack of coloured look for Cap.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, ThreeG said:

(Also are there enough Cap skins to make him not look like the crappy MCU Cap? I know it's a minor thing but I really can't deal with that lack of coloured look for Cap.)

Here's all the suits you can get in-game without microtransactions. Tbh there's only really a handful of good suits for him

https://youtu.be/ewHASRI87fI

• 1 month later...

Kate Bishop delayed, won't be available in October after all...

https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/sotg_oct_2020/

FUTURE MARVEL'S AVENGERS CONTENT          

Moving forward, we intend to have a fixed, predictable patching cycle to ensure all new content meets both our and your high standards and has time for extensive internal testing. We know fans are hungry for new content, but delivering a fun experience is our priority. With this in mind, we’ve decided to push Kate Bishop’s Operation launch back a bit, out of October. We’re sorry for this slight delay, but we are dedicated as a team to quality first.

Kate’s new Operation will be a must-play for fans wanting to know what’s next in the story! In Marvel’s Avengers: Kate Bishop — Taking AIM, Tachyon Rifts become a harbinger of a new threat. As players investigate the source of them, they will pick up on a story that begins shortly after the conclusion of the Reassemble campaign. Then comes Clint (we’ll have more information on him later) and looking into 2021, our biggest Avengers Initiative addition yet will introduce a new Hero, region, and narrative arc.             

We’ve also made the decision to shift our PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S launch to next year to ensure that we give our team the time to deliver a next-gen experience showcasing all that this game is meant to be.  More details to come.            

Until then, however, you’ll be able to continue playing the current-gen (PS4/Xbox One) Marvel’s Avengers game on next-gen platforms to take advantage of their powerful hardware, be it via inserting a physical disk or redownloading the game. Two of the most obvious benefits of this are improved frame rates and faster loading times. In addition, players who make the jump to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S will still be able to play co-op with their friends on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One respectively as well as carry their existing save-game forward to the next-generation of consoles!            

All the above will be available to players at no additional cost, including the next-generation upgrades for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.             

As mega-Marvel fans ourselves, we can’t wait to reveal more about the iconic Super Heroes, Super Villains, and settings on the roster these coming months, starting with our next Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE in November.

• 1 month later...

Archived