Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix)

Jeb ★

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks okay...but I definitely wasn't blown away like I needed to be. Too much cutscene...no actual gameplay. Dialogue was kinda flat...and despite not having the film actors, the characters just felt like cheap clones of the film versions. They weren't "fully re-designed" like that guy suggested they were. They were literally just the film iterations without paying the actors to be in the game. I wanted them to be fully unique versions of the characters...but that wasn't at all what we saw there.

The costumes isn't an issue. There will probably be unlockable alternate costumes as we already saw two Iron Man suits. The white space suit is from the comics and not the mcu.

There aren't any loot boxes and there's no pay to win but cosmetic microtransactions are very likely and so that means costumes/skins

Don't care too much for the character designs or art style. If they couldn't get the MCU actors, I would've preferred something more stylized. Also, it feels weird seeing these characters not portrayed by the MCU cast, especially Tony, and especially in this photorealistic art style. Ultimate Alliance 3 is less jarring just because it's not trying to look realistic.

And no gameplay makes it very hard for me to actually care.

Me and my bestfriend "fangirled" out when we heard and saw Troy Baker and Nolan North. Our two favorite voice actors.

And I HOPE they add MCU Skins to the game. Now that would be awesome, hell other comic skins too. And when they add Spider-Man, hope they get Yuri Lowenthal to voice him.

Cool they added Hank Pym's Ant-Man. Maybe add Scott Lang's one day. UGH 11 MONTHS IS SO FAR AWAY

And they showed a SMALL bit of Gameplay during the trailers. Didnt they say they had Demos there? Maybe will get gameplay footage soon

@Gen completely agree. It's now in the uncanny valley area for me. These guys straight up went for the movie versions

It's the biggest problem. Hands down.

At least people like you and I can recognize it and say "Ah...that's what's bothering me"...but I think a lot of people are not going to understand the reason why they dislike it, and just say "I don't like this". I've already heard people saying as much.

Like...I do appreciate the game. I think it's going to be very cool when it finally comes out. But those character models are a huge bummer. They needed to push the originality much further to hit the sweet spot. Not, like..."Here are the stunt doubles from the MCU".

after finally digesting the presentation, Im nervous again. i dont want this to be Marvels Anthem. i understand having additional content because that makes sense since there are always things for superheroes to do, but give me a linear story first and focused gameplay first, thats all i ask.

if theyre gonna follow the games as a service model then i hope they did their homework on everything thats wrong with Anthem and Destiny so they dont repeat those same mistakes.

I'm undecided on how I feel about this game after seeing the reveal. I need to see more gameplay before I judge.

Part of me was hoping it would be based on the MCU characters, but I knew that was wishful thinking given the Spiderman game wasn't either (even though it was still a great game). I'm just not sold yet in the voice over actors and the look of all 5 heros. Perhaps they'll grow on me?

Another part of me feels that while I am aware the game isn't finished, the graphics are very sub-par and not up to the standards we expect when it comes to PS4/XB1.

Free DLC and no loot boxes is great news, just hoping we get continuous upgrades/DLC instead of having to wait months on end like some games do.

@Gen completely agree. It's now in the uncanny valley area for me. These guys straight up went for the movie versions

It's the biggest problem. Hands down.

At least people like you and I can recognize it and say "Ah...that's what's bothering me"...but I think a lot of people are not going to understand the reason why they dislike it, and just say "I don't like this". I've already heard people saying as much.

Like...I do appreciate the game. I think it's going to be very cool when it finally comes out. But those character models are a huge bummer. They needed to push the originality much further to hit the sweet spot. Not, like..."Here are the stunt doubles from the MCU".

Yep. The recent Spiderman game avoided that quite well

Archived