E3 2019

Mango kid

The FF7 remake looks great, my worries about the combat have been calmed, AND them announcing a remaster of FF8 for this year has me very happy. I enjoy that game a lot despite its faults and feel its pretty constantly unfairly maligned.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The grandma Watch Dogs gameplay had me,dying XD. There's some interesting sheeit this year, none of it I actually wanna play. Gonna go peep this whole Gears Escape thing with da boyz

Oh, and why they keep *censored*ing with Sam Fisher? Give that man a gaddamn game already and stop pissing on yiur fans Ubisoft

Either a lot of people are super particular and picky about videogames or I'm so casual and open minded about trying things.

Updated list of games that has me interested.

Cyberpunk 2077

Avengers

Doom Eternal

Gears of War 5

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Deathloop

Outer Worlds

Halo Infinite

Ghostwire Tokyo

Final Fantasy VI: Remake

Madden NFL 20

The new Star Wars game looks fun, I'll be excited to play it when it comes out.

Likewise, but I can't help but to feel apprehensive given the fact EA has their name on it.

But I love me some Star Wars, so.... shrug

WORLD PREMIERE...shows random indie game

Microsoft conferences are always the best to watch due to the memes we get from them

You may not like indie games or find them special but a lot of gamers do. World premieres aren't and have never been exclusive to AAA level games from any company.

Of all things to make a meme(which belongs to Ubisoft), that's not one of them

Yeah, majority of what I play these days are indie games. People who snub them are missing out in a huge way.

Anyway...Nintendo wins.

Weirdest moment was announcing a Dark Crystal game with a giant Netflix logo and then not announcing Netflix for Switch, though. I thought for sure "And you can download Netflix for Switch today" was coming immediately after that.

But I digress...Nintendo had an amazing show of content. Banjo Kazooie confirmed for Smash. Cadence of Hyrule this week. Luigi's Mansion, Daemon X, No More Heroes all look nice. Witcher 3 is real. A bunch of other ports...but all good stuff (Resident Evil 5 and 6, Mana collection, Contra collection, FF games, etc) a new Contra. Animal Crossing looks better than I ever imagined it would. Pushed back release date sucks, but only Nintendo could be so gracious and apologetic in announcing such a pushback and get away with it. :lol: And...a *censored*ing direct sequel to Breath of the Wild (what?).

Oh...and Pokemon. I'm easily logging 500-600+ hours in that. It looks amazing.

I own all three current gen systems. Switch is honestly the most fun I've had playing games in a long time. It feels like something special. It isn't just a piece of electronic equipment that you can play games on. It feels like something that has never existed before. I'm a huge Xbox fan. And I appreciate PS from time to time (mainstream VR is pretty awesome). But, the Switch is the heartbeat of actual video games. I can't exaggerate how much I love the thing. I actually do sleep with it. That's not a joke. :lol:

I think the most exciting thing about Switch, is that you never know what might pop up on there. It's the perfect console for ports and remakes...because, it's so accessible, and it caught the market at such a strange time. There's this constant meeting of old gen and new gen constantly bleeding into the eshop. It kinda blows me away. I check the eshop almost daily. I definitely don't do that on XBox or PS.

Still hella jelly My Friend Pedro is on Switch and not Ps4. I wouldn't get a Switch specifically for that but it's getting alot of good sheeit

Sooo...what's the deal with Sony? They doing their own thing this week? This month? They doing nothing at all? Skipping e3 seems like a huge mistake for them. Really not sure what they're scheming. Even from a PR perspective, E3 is arguably the one event that is "for the fans". So, it kinda feels like a middle finger to the players.

Sooo...what's the deal with Sony? They doing their own thing this week? This month? They doing nothing at all? Skipping e3 seems like a huge mistake for them. Really not sure what they're scheming. Even from a PR perspective, E3 is arguably the one event that is "for the fans". So, it kinda feels like a middle finger to the players.

They still have their own event whenever that is but to be honest they dont really have to do much but ride the momentum of their three heavily anticipated exclusives and announce the PS5. cant say i would waste time with a stage show either if already blew my load with Death Stranding before E3 and only have Last of Us and Ghosts of Tsushima to show. thats basically all their E3 stage show was last year.

@Zondo: Nintendo have never really been interested in keeping up with Xbox and Playstation so I would expect the Switch, being arguably their best console in a while, to last well into the next generation, if not through it.

I own a PS4, and I wasn't even aware they had "heavily anticipated" exclusives. :lol:

Death Stranding was announced a long time ago, and it definitely isn't a "system-seller". It's not anything huge at this point. It kinda reminds me of 'The Last Guardian' hype. That game definitely never panned out to be much of anything for PS. This feels the same to me. And also flashbacks to Silent Hill PT. Everything about it looks more like a tech demo than an actual game, and I think the audience who would have been anticipating it at one point are dropping off every day.

I guess that's exactly what I'm saying...Sony is laying low because they have almost nothing big/new to offer. And that's troubling. Also, I think Sony is probably working heavily on PS5 and are putting their attention into that. But I also think MS did a better job of doing the same thing...by announcing that they're discontinuing backwards compatibility for XB1 and working on the Project Scarlett. I dunno...just feels like Sony is hiding right now. Doesn't feel right.

NEWS:

I still want to get a Switch just for Smash Ultimate and Pokemon. I don't really care about Banjo, I didn't play his N64 game but I do remember him from Diddy Kong Racing making stupid noises every time I passed him using Conker. I hope they add Conker and Crash Bandicoot and Shadow The Hedgehog to Ultimate. So far it has 3 characters from Capcom, so why not more from Rare and Sega?

From what I read, they now consider June too late to announce games and will focus on their own events they hold in February. If this is actually the case, they will never be at E3 again

Holiday means it will be out before the holiday, with time to purchase and give as a gift (for Christmas, yes). So, yeah...maybe late November, if not then early December.

Anyway, with e3 wrapped...here's everything I'm probably going to buy:

-Animal Crossing: New Horizons

-Astral Chain

-Battletoads

-Cadence of Hyrule

-Cyberpunk 2077

-Daemon X Machina

-Dragonball Z: Kakarot

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Switch)

-Final Fantasy 7 Remake

-Final Fantasy 8 Remastered

-Ghostwire Tokyo

-Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 (working title)

-Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening Remake

-Luigi's Mansion 3

-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

-Marvel's The Avengers

-Microsoft Flight Simulator

-Panzer Dragoon

-Pokemon Sword/Shield

-Psychonauts 2

-Secret of Mana Collection

-Star Wars: Fallen Order

-Super Mario Maker 2

-The Outer Worlds

+ Lego DLC for Forza Horizons 4, and fighter DLC for Smash Bros.

Might get Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, too...depends how it looks when it comes out. The fact that it's Tokyo 2020 makes it kinda cool to me...

as far as E3 goes, definite purchases:

-Cyberpunk 2077

-Watch Dogs Legion

-Avengers

-Halo Infinite

-My Friend Pedro

-Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

-Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Maybe:

-Dying Light 2 (never been a zombie guy, but Days Gone is helping me see the light)

-Ghost Recon Breakpoint (probably not though tbh, maybe just for Jon)

-FF7 (never been a FF guy whatsoever, but it looks kinda cool)

-Gears 5 (havent played since 3? but im planning on getting an Xbox again)

-The Outer Worlds (combat looks a little weak and unsatisfying but im leaning towards yes)

Interested but need to see much more:

-Ghostwire Tokyo

-Deathloop

-Outriders

-Elden Ring (gonna be really disappointed if its just another Souls-type, wanted something GOT related)

Gamepass for PC is pretty awesome. Finally updated my Windows so I could run it. All good on my end. Not too many games to choose from yet, but the selection has some nice offerings. I installed Slay the Spire, Rise of Nations, Surviving Mars, and Shadow Tactics...all games that I thought were particularly well suited for PC play. It's pretty nice to not only see super fast download speeds...but also have my entire huge hard drive to save on, and not worry about deleting stuff on my Xbox.

-Elden Ring (gonna be really disappointed if its just another Souls-type, wanted something GOT related)

Prepare for disappointment. Lol. From what little we know about it, it doesn't appear to have anything to do with GoT.

I'd only be disappointed if they reverted back to Souls in terms of gameplay. I could never go back to that after playing Sekiro.

Archived