Yukes creating new wrestling game

baken1942

They should create a non-branded wrestling game, then allow wrestling promotions to pay for DLC packs, and essentially create a cross-branded wrestling game. Smaller promotions could get guys into a game without the downside of developing a whole game themselves, and big name promotions could also have packs just for a quick return on investment.

Put out one fully built wrestling game with fictional characters, arenas, a story mode, a creation mode, etc...just a vanilla professional wrestling game.

Then have DLC from companies like NJPW, RoH, MLW, Impact, etc. Maybe even WWE. Maybe $20 a pack...or even $30 a pack. 5 or 10 characters, an arena or two, intros...all that jazz. The companies make a direct return on their specific DLC packs, and there is no money split between competitors. Your brand is represented in a video game without investing in an entire development process. It could get expensive fast for the fans...but it would be worth it if you could have a legit game where you can play cross-branded matches. I would buy all the packs...for sure. Probably drop $90-120 on that shit if it meant playing those dream matches and supporting the various companies.

Either that, or develop a game with an entire roster of free agents, having one head of direction to find and sign the people you want. Just look at how many guys work for 3 or 4 companies at the same time. If you went out and made individual offers...you could easily fill a game that way.

aye bro this idea is TRASH i got a better one. what if they had companies offer up a handful of their roster as DLC packs or they made the game with a bunch of free agents? bet that never crossed your mind.

How wild would it be if yukes made up their own fictional promotion; but filled it with all the big free agent Indy guys that could be available for a game?

Eh...that's pretty much what I just said on the last page. :lol:

Sorry I didnt actually read most the responses just the original post ??

I'll buy it as long as the gameplay as good and it has a good CAW Mode, Create an move set.Create an Entrance, etc.

If they honestly feel like they're losing drive and the fix is doing their own thing on the side, by all means.

Just please, for Christs sake, have a longer than one year dev cycle.

Creating a new title not linked to WWE (which I assume is the case) and subsequently 2K will allow this, which is tremendous news.

I hope they follow through with this, and i'm genuinely excited to hear more. I think there's most definitely a gap for a new wrestling title that isn't a headline WWE title. There's enough hardcore fans out there now that will give it a try if it comes with a good creative suite.

It'd be nice to relinquish the PG element, too, if possible. I've always wanted a touch of deathmatch added to a wrestling game, or at least have the option. The closest we come was the BYW game, which was more of a beat-em-up.

Exciting times.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/wwe-2k-studio-creating-rival-wrestling-ip/

Seems like Yukes are a little frustrated with 2k about the wwe games direction lately. Also they have ideas on how to improve the motion capture prosess but feel like 2k are not listening to them

Really? I've got similar complaints regarding Yukes stagnation and inability to program fixes that stay fixed so.. stones and glass houses.

In fairness, I think we have only heard 2K's side. I would not be surprised if the actual truth is that both companies are being too pig-headed and stubborn to properly listen to the other, resulting in the communication breakdown.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/wwe-2k-studio-creating-rival-wrestling-ip/

Seems like Yukes are a little frustrated with 2k about the wwe games direction lately. Also they have ideas on how to improve the motion capture prosess but feel like 2k are not listening to them

Really? I've got similar complaints regarding Yukes stagnation and inability to program fixes that stay fixed so.. stones and glass houses.

In fairness, I think we have only heard 2K's side. I would not be surprised if the actual truth is that both companies are being too pig-headed and stubborn to properly listen to the other, resulting in the communication breakdown.
While I'm not sure I believe that after.. ahem, chats I've had; I will say that I would not be surprised if the language barrier was making things worse.

I wouldn't mind a Switch exclusive either...especially since porting the WWE games to Switch has proven difficult in the past...with 2K18 being a dumpster fire, and 2K19 being skipped entirely. So, perhaps this is the main focus as well...to build a Switch exclusive from the ground up. That way, too...they wouldn't be stepping on any toes with WWE and the PS4/XB1 market.

Which brings up another thought...(it would be super fun to see a company work directly with Nintendo to create a new Nintendo All Stars Wrestling or something along those lines). We're seeing Nintendo branch out and work with more third party support lately...we've seen Ubisoft do Mario Raving Rabbids. We've seen the reveal of Cadence of Hyrule, etc. So...yeah, let's get that happening. Nintendo and Yuke's...call it Super Mario's Nintendo All Stars Wrestling or some shit. I'm on board.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Punch-Out spin-off called Kick-Out where Little Mac goes into the pro wrestling business.

They should create a non-branded wrestling game, then allow wrestling promotions to pay for DLC packs, and essentially create a cross-branded wrestling game. Smaller promotions could get guys into a game without the downside of developing a whole game themselves, and big name promotions could also have packs just for a quick return on investment.

Put out one fully built wrestling game with fictional characters, arenas, a story mode, a creation mode, etc...just a vanilla professional wrestling game.

Then have DLC from companies like NJPW, RoH, MLW, Impact, etc. Maybe even WWE. Maybe $20 a pack...or even $30 a pack. 5 or 10 characters, an arena or two, intros...all that jazz. The companies make a direct return on their specific DLC packs, and there is no money split between competitors. Your brand is represented in a video game without investing in an entire development process. It could get expensive fast for the fans...but it would be worth it if you could have a legit game where you can play cross-branded matches. I would buy all the packs...for sure. Probably drop $90-120 on that shit if it meant playing those dream matches and supporting the various companies.

Either that, or develop a game with an entire roster of free agents, having one head of direction to find and sign the people you want. Just look at how many guys work for 3 or 4 companies at the same time. If you went out and made individual offers...you could easily fill a game that way.

I actually like that idea. Similar to what Dead by Daylight does for killers and survivors.

Archived