Wrestling Warrior's Realistic Move Sets

The_Sherminator2

I agree with Righteous. Not knocking your sets because I just focus on sigs and fins, but you can't really it's "realistic" if the wrestler never used that move in their career. It's better to repeat a move so at least it would have authenticity.

With that being said, great job on the Sean O'Haire set. It makes you wish they had a proper version of his finisher.

Just a little advice. Wouldn't go with the "inspired" moves. If a wrestler hasn't done the move, don't use it. Can't call a moveset realistic, if you are using moves the wrestler hasn't done.

Good shout, luckily I was more referring to generic filler moves but I'll remove it from the post because I guess it does give off the wrong impression.

I agree with Righteous. Not knocking your sets because I just focus on sigs and fins, but you can't really it's "realistic" if the wrestler never used that move in their career. It's better to repeat a move so at least it would have authenticity.

With that being said, great job on the Sean O'Haire set. It makes you wish they had a proper version of his finisher.

Same problem with his Ridge-Hand. Clothesline 11 is the closest thing to it.

Just a little advice. Wouldn't go with the "inspired" moves. If a wrestler hasn't done the move, don't use it. Can't call a moveset realistic, if you are using moves the wrestler hasn't done.

Good shout, luckily I was more referring to generic filler moves but I'll remove it from the post because I guess it does give off the wrong impression.

Same problem with his Ridge-Hand. Clothesline 11 is the closest thing to it.

Yeah. They used to have his version of the Swanton, but that was in Here Comes The Pain

It's been said already, but yeah you wanna be very careful with adding filler moves. Don't do it, and as a backup, make sure you're writing down every move you see in a match(ingame or not), so you can delete these later. It's one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Had to re-do so many move-sets due to adding stuff in for the sake of filler. And some folks think I'm still making up moves and thus am not trustworthy. So while I get the logic behind it, it's really not a smart idea.

Second, for the sake of convenience, you can simply show each screen and not show the animations. It'll save you time.

And third, I highly suggest checking out the site "Cagematch.net". Huge database of matches, and you can filter by tv shows/ppvs. Greatest resource out there, and you can just go down the list of matches. If you know already, great. Just thought I'd put it out there. Lots of guys get thrown into the wilderness and don't know about some of the resources available.

Great to have you around!

Updated post with The Great Kabuki's move set.

It's been said already, but yeah you wanna be very careful with adding filler moves. Don't do it, and as a backup, make sure you're writing down every move you see in a match(ingame or not), so you can delete these later. It's one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Had to re-do so many move-sets due to adding stuff in for the sake of filler. And some folks think I'm still making up moves and thus am not trustworthy. So while I get the logic behind it, it's really not a smart idea.

Second, for the sake of convenience, you can simply show each screen and not show the animations. It'll save you time.

And third, I highly suggest checking out the site "Cagematch.net". Huge database of matches, and you can filter by tv shows/ppvs. Greatest resource out there, and you can just go down the list of matches. If you know already, great. Just thought I'd put it out there. Lots of guys get thrown into the wilderness and don't know about some of the resources available.

Yeah, I've used cagematch for years. Mainly how I find matches to use for references when making the sets.

"Wrestlingdata.com" is also a great site for if you want to know which wrestler used what move, and what they called it. It basically what I used to create my sigs and fins topic.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Updated post with The Great Kabuki's move set.

Yeah, I've used cagematch for years. Mainly how I find matches to use for references when making the sets.

"Wrestlingdata.com" is also a great site for if you want to know which wrestler used what move, and what they called it. It basically what I used to create my sigs and fins topic.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

You're welcome. Happy to be of service

• 2 weeks later...

Archived