WWE Backstage hosted by Renee Young & Booker T Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pwi is rapporting that

Numerous WWE sources have confirmed to PWInsider.com that former WWE Champion CM Punk was at FOX Studios earlier this week in Los Angeles meeting for a potential on-air role for WWE Backstage, the new FOX Sports 1 studio show that will debut on the cable network on 11/5.

We are told that Renee Young was also present and that Punk did some test on-camera material. We have not confirmed that Punk has signed on for the series.

WWE Backstage is being produced by FOX, not WWE, so should Punk land on the series, which will air weekly on Tuesday nights, he would not be technically working for World Wrestling Entertainment. Punk exited WWE in January 2014 but noted last month at Starrcast 3 that he wouldn't "not take a call" from World Wrestling Entertainment if they called to speak to him about a potential return in some form to the company.

OMG !!

Thats massive if it turns out to be real

he kinda admitted he doesnt really keep up with the product so im curious as to what he could really contribute, but shit i would love to see it anyway.

i guess it depends on what the show is gonna be. if its gonna be like that bullshit ass meta-semi-shoot show they did with Peter Rosenberg where JBL and whoever else just comes on to talk about how fans are wrong about everything then im off that. since they have such a late time slot i expect kayfabe to be out the window but i wonder to what extent. like i wouldnt mind if Punk was on there to review his favorite matches of the week or something like that.

I thought Fox News and Fox Sports was seperate?

Nah...pretty sure it's all the same.

Disney bought the rights to 21st Century Fox, FX, etc. But, anything that still has the straight up "Fox" branding is still fox affiliated...be that Fox news, Fox sports, or the standard Fox channel. I'm like 99% sure of that.

I believe they had to get rid of Fox Sports because they already own ESPN if they own Fox Sports they will own a monopoly on sports channels some pretty sure Fox Sports was never part of their deal

if Punk ever does show up on WWETV i hope they go to the absolute greatest lengths to keep it a secret before it happens. no rumors, no speculative dirtsheets, nothing. i want a genuine surprise. i want the crowd to lose their *censored*ing minds and not have any signs prepared. i want to fall out of my seat.

but you know what as long as he does this show, people will always expect him to show up at any given moment but still

if Punk ever does show up on WWETV i hope they go to the absolute greatest lengths to keep it a secret before it happens. no rumors, no speculative dirtsheets, nothing. i want a genuine surprise. i want the crowd to lose their *censored*ing minds and not have any signs prepared. i want to fall out of my seat.

but you know what as long as he does this show, people will always expect him to show up at any given moment but still

I want it to be a totally unmentioned, random appearance in the background. Like...

Heel backstage: "I can beat everyone standing in this room right now! I can beat you, Jinder. (points at Jinder Mahal), you, Kevin Owens. you R-Truth. You CM Punk and even YOU Mike Kanellis!"

Camera gets a quick glance of CM Punk just standing there, before moving on to Mike Kanellis and nobody on commentary even mentions it and it is never brought up again.

I want it to be a totally unmentioned, random appearance in the background. Like...

Heel backstage: "I can beat everyone standing in this room right now! I can beat you, Jinder. (points at Jinder Mahal), you, Kevin Owens. you R-Truth. You CM Punk and even YOU Mike Kanellis!"

Camera gets a quick glance of CM Punk just standing there, before moving on to Mike Kanellis and nobody on commentary even mentions it and it is never brought up again.

holy shit that would be hilarious. i want this now. the rest of the show would be ruined by non stop Punk chants but it would be worth it and would actually make sense

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived