“DARK SIDE OF THE RING” wrestling series coming to VICELAND 4/10/New series The Wrestlers 5/22

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Too many tweets to post but apparently the Kurt/Vince fight was on a different flight. So weird cause Kurt has talked about it before being that flight. But maybe that explains why they didn't bring it up this episode.

Guest Fight Me.
On 9/17/2021 at 3:01 AM, Fight Me. said:

WWE has now taken down this Story Time episode from the Network/Peacock. And also another episode with the Angle/Vince fight.

Guest Fight Me.

There's a number of factors I think. There's a lot of new fans online nowadays that don't go out of their way to seek shoot interviews like hardcore fans did back in the early days of the internet. So Dark Side attracts a bunch of fans that are hearing these stories for the first time. That plus how WWE and wrestlers have glorified these stories over the years in a lighthearted "boys will be boys" kinda way.  So fans new and old I'd imagine probably see Flair as "Oh that's just Uncle Ric, he was a real party animal back in the day. Haha." It *censored*ing sucks, but at least now it's being presented in a different light. Now we are hearing these stories from people on the other side who got hurt and had to live in silence with this for years. And thankfully nowadays, you can't just pass it off as a "boys will be boys" bullshit and it's gonna come back to haunt these people.

Sidenote, unrelated but it always surprises me when I meet people that say they've been a fan for just a few years (less than five more or less). I'm like what? Idk if I would've fallen in love with wrestling as hard as I did if I had gotten in this era. It's true though and very eye-opening.

7 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Jericho being the first to forgive him in his IG comments got me dead. Of course lol

Disappointed in Pope/Burke and James Storm, but not surprised.

yeah social media killed my view of Pope. man is hellbent on Cosby being innocent too

55 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Jericho being the first to forgive him in his IG comments got me dead. Of course lol

Disappointed in Pope/Burke and James Storm, but not surprised.

With Jericho you never know what you get, seems like He rolls a dice every Morning to decide if he is an ass or Not today. 

Pope a surprise, a dissapointing surprise, wanted to follow him for a while...well i guess thats Not needed anymore. 

Storm, the guy is a Redneck Cowboy, Not expecting too much on that Front, but He seems surprisingly decent so far. 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:07 AM, Mani-Man said:

That is something i honestly would be more interested in diving into.
How many Women backstage had to create this mindset of shrugging everything off and going "oh its just the boys playing, ignore it".
Because otherwise reacting or so would have been a bigger problem and more dangerous.
And then you have guys like The Undertaker acting like this time was better and all that.
Who knows what he saw and shrugged instead of standing up and going "Thats enough."

Yeah i guess Vince constantly trying to pin angle on the plane was the least problematic thing that was going on.
We got a big fight of two 6'4 guys that could have caused the plane to have a emergency landing, drunken wrestlers, sexual harrassment etc...Vince trying to outwrestle Kurt Angle on the ground of the airplane seems very tame compared to that.

I mean, that's probably one of the things that the old-timers miss the most about wrestling decades ago, being able to do shit like what Flair did without repercussion. Regardless of what the old sharts say, it's a great thing that this business and society in general are heading towards a safer place for people. 

20 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

I don't know if i want to watch that one.

What happened?

Archived