“DARK SIDE OF THE RING” wrestling series coming to VICELAND 4/10/New series The Wrestlers 5/22

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Owen Hart Foundation shared a new post on their Facebook page revealing that the charitys founder and Owens widow, Martha Hart, will be featured in the second season of VICELANDs Dark Side of the Ring series, which covers some of the darker and tragic tales in the history of professional wrestling.

Owen Hart tragically passed away following a fall during his entrance at WWEs Over the Edge pay per view in 1999. The incident led to an array of legal battles between WWE and the Hart family, and reportedly divided the family for years throughout. Besides Owens death, season two of Dark Side of the Ring is expected to touch on the subject of Chris Benoit tragedy, as well as the 1998 Brawl for All tournament.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy shit, Martha Hart actually allowed Vice to due a story on Owen???? I'm in , but yet she won't let him inducted in to the WWE HOF or allow him to be featured in any WWE 2k game. That's pretty *censored*ed up. Her prerogative, but still *censored*ed up. I'll watch tho. Same for the Benoit and Brawl for it all specials as well. Love this series. And yes, the Brody one really was the best of them all even though all of the episodes from the 1st season were all good.

Holy shit, Martha Hart actually allowed Vice to due a story on Owen???? I'm in , but yet she won't let him inducted in to the WWE HOF or allow him to be featured in any WWE 2k game. That's pretty *censored*ed up.

It's not *censored*ed up at all...one will put the spotlight on Owen's life being cut short by an asshat of a employer...and the other would be free reign for said employer to shrug off what happened to him. Even though what happened to Owen was in part to him not doing the safety check...the entire scenario was dumb and never should have happened. Martha is right for holding WWE responsible for that. And she's right for wanting that story told by Vice and Dark Side.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fight Me.
50 minutes ago, AlterNation said:

"Not available in your country." Ugh.

I'm sure they'll be uploaded on other YouTube channels eventually. That's how I watched season one after they had made the videos private after a while.

Part one was great, I assume the rest will air on TV first. Man, heartwrenching stuff. It's interesting you can't really tell the story of Chris Benoit without telling the story of Eddie Guerrero as well.

I kinda expected Vice to release these early. If memory serves me, they had all of season one on demand before they aired by the scheduled time as well. I remember thinking that was strange.

Good episode though. Such a great show. 

Very strange to hear that Chris would go to Eddie's home and lay in his bed and cry on his pillow. That is definitely like "okay, something's wrong here". 

Watched both parts for free on Vice's website and wow. First off, I thought the show was done really well and was actually very informative. Two, you can't help but feel bad for David Benoit. He had no part in this yet was shunned by so many. This show really made me respect Jericho even more than I already had. Great guy.

That was a heavy episode to watch. Brought me back to that era where my two favorite wrestlers were now gone. Its almost surreal to watch this now as an adult and think of everything in a different light. However I will always respect Benoits body of work and what he influenced inside the ring. Truly a generational talent. 

Archived