“DARK SIDE OF THE RING” wrestling series coming to VICELAND 4/10/New series The Wrestlers 5/22

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocked they aint covering Benoit in this. Maybe next time if they continue with the series.

According to WON, Viceland has already shot four more documentaries for a season 2 including one aroundChris Benoit.

Show is really good. Just watched the Savage/Elizabeth one. Not a boring moment to the whole thing.

Very engaging. Very well done.

Bruiser Brody episode was even better. Makes me feel like Carlos Colon and Abdullah the Butcher are real pieces of shit, tbh...but I really don't think Tony Atlas has a bad bone in his body. I trust that dude fully.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So happy that the next episode is about Moolah being a sack of trash.

This past episode with Gino was the weakest one, for sure. Not just because he's a name that I'm less familiar with...but, because the story seemed pretty cut and dry from the beginning. At no point during that episode did it seem like we were looking at anything other than a paranoid cokehead. They did all this stuff to make it seem like there was foulplay...but at no point did it ever seem like that to me...so, it was just a rather boring episode.

Guest Fight Me.

Finally got around to watching these. Just finished the first two, so good. The Macho Man/Miss Elizabeth one is sad. And the back and forth between Cornette and Russo in the Montreal Screwjob episode was great. :lol:

Guest Fight Me.

The Murder of Bruiser Brody one is *censored*ed up. Never heard Tony Atlas go into such detail about it before, and if it's all true, he's a good brother. From the sounds of it, the only good brother that night with everyone else afraid to lose their jobs/lives. I liked how the producers reached out to Jose Gonzalez and Carlos Colon for this. Would've been interesting to hear the BS they come up with and who knows maybe would've reopened this case, no?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

According to the Wrestling Observer, the critically acclaimed series Dark Side of the Ring, a documentary saga that details some of pro-wrestlings biggest controversies/tragedies, has been renewed for a second season on Viceland. Reports state that the new episodes will include stories on the death of Dino Bravo, and the infamous Chris Benoit double-murder and suicide from 2007. Speculation is that Chris Jericho or Michael Benoit (Chriss father) may be interviewed for the story, with Jim Cornette rumored to reappear after his use in season one.

Stay tuned.

• 4 months later...

Archived