Card and Board Game Discussion

Doink!

Just making this thread for discussion on any deckbuilding, card or board games people like to play around here. I recently got into Marvel Legendary Deck Building game and am having a blast for it.

61-Fp-TYn-S-t-L.jpg

You have your Masterminds that are trying to complete a scheme to take over the Marvel Universe. You then have your supervillain groups and your henchmen that try to invade the city and it is your job to stop them using your core of superheroes. Everything can be randomized on the board which allows you to always come back for more. And the best part is you can play by yourself or team up with six people. Nobody plays the Mastermind. The game plays it for you. They can wound you, take hostages, get powerups, etc. The best part is you and your teammates can play competitively or cooperatively, or even a combination of both depending on what the needs are.

My wife and I have played it four times already. We soundly defeated the Red Skull, got destroyed against Magneto, defeated Magneto the next round, and barely walked out against Dr. Doom.

I picked up a used version of the core game for $25.00 which was only missing one card that I found online for $1.00. I have since picked up the Dark City Expansion and the X-Men Expansion that adds a ton of content to the game.

I recommend this game to anyone that enjoys deck building and the Marvel Universe. It's pretty much Marvel Ultimate Alliance in a card game.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived