A quick word.

Creepia

I'm currently sat here at my laptop once again on the end of a heated discussion on this forum. Although I'm adamant that this time it is perhaps not on me that it got so heated, but I am more than willing to take any blame and responsibility for it.

It's come to my attention tonight that I have been on this site for over a decade and although I have often enjoyed my time here, I may have caused others to not enjoy their time here so much. I am sorry for that. It's also come to my attention that this site (and others like it) are not particularly good for my mental health and that online arguments and heated discussions cause me to adopt an online persona that I do not like and I know that a lot of you don't either. I can be very manipulative, argumentative, blunt, a massive dickhead and downright cruel. I'd like to plead my case that I am not really like that in real life, but at this point you probably wouldn't believe it. For that I don't blame you, but hopefully one day I can be given the chance to prove myself.. With that said I would like to offer a general apology to those people, the list of which is too long to be proud of. I do genuinely consider some of you to be good friends and I do enjoy conversing with you, but it's probably time that I take a bit of a breather and calm down a bit. Idk if I want to leave entirely, but I think I'm going to try and ease up with posting a lot. I don't want to rile myself up into pointless online argument and debase myself anymore.

So with that said. To most of you, I am sorry. To some of you I wish to say thank you. - Creep.

Mental health should always come first, you do what you gotta do man. Thank you for being a friend. At the end of the day, we're all the same. Just a bunch of losers who at one point or another loved/still love wrestling and/or gaming.

Yeah I may have egged you on a bit in the past. I apologise for that, and to anyone else I may have upset in the past. To be honest, CAWS.ws is like 85% of my social life, my social skills are terrible. :lol: Seriously though I never want to be responsible for worsening anyone's mental health, in my 24 years, 1 month and 12 days on this earth I have learned it is better to keep your friends list longer than your enemies. If you ever do decide to leave I'll at least miss you Creep. :) I also want to say thank you to anyone who has put up with me for the past 8 years here.

Mental health should always come first, you do what you gotta do man. Thank you for being a friend. At the end of the day, we're all the same. Just a bunch of losers who at one point or another loved/still love wrestling and/or gaming.

Said it better than I could. Just look after yourself Creep.

Hey man, do what you gotta do...but, I already had this feeling that you were exhibiting different behavior over the past few weeks (or maybe even months). You and I probably get into shit more often than anyone else. But, take it for what it's worth...I already felt like you were being less hostile towards people around here. You don't owe any apologies. We know you're good for it.

Eeeeeeeh, I'ma go ahead and get it out the way now

"Too close to April Fools. Don't know if serious"

If it is legit then... don't really know what to say. In what I'd consider to be a brief stint here, I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with you, but I've always felt you were an essential part of Caws regardless. Dialing back a bit is a good move tbh, but leaving altogether would be pretty damaging to the community. I doubt I'm alone in that

From one Creep to another, I hope things improve.. and you don't 100% disappear from the forums. The majority of your posts make me chuckle, so there's that. XD

But in the end... you gotta do whatever is best for you. *shrug*

This is extremely mature and well thought out, huge amounts of respect for that. You do you, if and when you return to your regular posting, I hope you return refreshed and reenergized. :cool:

Tired myself out arguing in this place, mental health comes first brother. I don't believe anyone is truly their real self on the internet...there's something to be said for the way you've talked openly about yourself here and I think I can say that if we ever did butt heads at one point it was never anything personal. Truth is I used to get a kick out of getting in heated discussions gave me a sense of self pride when I thought I'd "won" an argument so much so that I used to do it for the sake of it. Even if I didn't feel strongly about it, I'd be determined to garner the support of others on here because truthfully I didn't have many meaningful interactions going on in my real life. I can happily say that now I have matured a bit and am able to accept that I'm not always right and people do have differing opinions and they should be somewhat respected or at least heard. Discussions at the end of the day are what keep this place going.

I will say one thing, being a mod for a period of time on here did help me become better at being a person, as weird as it sounds. I'm glad you've posted this because there's a lot of folk who probably need to look at themselves in the same way you've analysed your own behaviour here. Been a long time since I've been a proper active member on here and sometimes I do miss it...but nah, I definitely used to put too much into it and wind myself up. Worst thing to do.

Take care, man. I'm not nearly as active as I once used to be and that's because there are indeed more important things in life that come first. You and I have had a lot of fun (and a lot of discussions) on this forum over the years and you know I consider you to be one of my good friends on here. So just take care of yourself and take all the time you need. If you ever feel like conversing, you know you can hit me up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived