Spotify intergration in WWE 2K20

zeoalexo

So, a while ago, i saw a video by SmackTalks on how Spotify integration could work in WWE 2K20. Now, I actually think this is a cool idea, but i have some questions about it, with the main one being: would 2k have to pay licensing fees to use Spotify? also, would Spotify integration be a popular feature? I would like to hear your guys' opinions on this

Smacktalks isn't saying anything we haven't mulled over and gotten into a couple heated exchanges over, the past year or 2....or 3. lol. Not the greatest, but it would be the easiest solution probably. Something is better than nothing. You're not gonna get every New Japan theme you want, or custom indy ones that some wrestlers had made or mixed especially for themselves....I'm not gonna get almost any Stardom theme I want besides Tam Nakano probably, but it's a good subsitute in the meantime. Maybe they could take it a step further and even let you add songs to your own game's soundtrack.

If Spotify made you buy Premium to use more than like 10 of their songs in the game, I bet it would be a nice relationship...otherwise they make you sit through Spotify ads during match loading screens and shit. lol. I don't know if Spotify is integrated into any other games and how it works for them. I just know that there is no genre of game where "custom music" is more absolutely essential than in wrestling games, so... I've already talked about the way I'd rather do it.

If there's a way they can make it work I'm all for it. Not every wrestling theme song ever is on Spotify though but you know, still something lmao. I usually just play the theme songs on my phone though and it's been fine

Archived