WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting aside the shitty booking and the awfulness of Asuka being shafted like this so close to WM -- I'm not interested in seeing a potential babyface Charlotte if they go through with a 4HW angle. It's too soon and she's so much better as a heel.

Ugh. Face Charlotte sucks, She is so much better heel.

I think peoples random weird ass disdain for Ronda put together with how badass the other 3 are, just running roughshod over the whole NXT womens division, would make Charlotte a decent face for a little while. In a perfect world, Ronda is the face and Charlotte is the heel. Not happening. Lol

I just hope theres a plan for Asuka to just go crazy and eff everybody up after Mania. She was more of a tweener leaning towards heel in NXT and it was exactly how to use her. People worshipped the ground she walked on. Lol

I would call Billy Graham a has-been...but, "never-was" seems more appropriate.

Aside from merely existing during a period when you got over for being muscular, he ain't done shit. And he hasn't shut his piehole ever since. That's right, kids...Superstar Billy Graham...or as you might remember him..."That guy who wasn't Hogan, Warrior, or even Jesse Ventura".

I mean, Nakamura's ring work is mediocre af these days. I don't really blame them for not using him better when he's coasting.

No excuse for Asuka though. Her entire booking on the main roster since last years Mania is inexcusable.

tbh they coasted with Nakamura actually.

his feud with Jinder and that shit show at Summerslam was a pretty good indication of how they saw him on the main roster. Yes they gave him a rumble win later on, a pretty cool one at that. However, his build up with AJ towards Wrestlemania was just "oh yeah, this writes itself, so we ain't gonna do shit". Because that's what they did. and when he turned heel, he never got the title, even for a bit. The feud got teadious because it never went anywhere, it was just the same shit constantly.

During this whole run on the main roster, they are thinking how his presence and ring work will be enough. Well it can't be, not in their format.

I mean, Nakamura's ring work is mediocre af these days. I don't really blame them for not using him better when he's coasting.

No excuse for Asuka though. Her entire booking on the main roster since last years Mania is inexcusable.

tbh they coasted with Nakamura actually.

his feud with Jinder and that shit show at Summerslam was a pretty good indication of how they saw him on the main roster. Yes they gave him a rumble win later on, a pretty cool one at that. However, his build up with AJ towards Wrestlemania was just "oh yeah, this writes itself, so we ain't gonna do shit". Because that's what they did. and when he turned heel, he never got the title, even for a bit. The feud got teadious because it never went anywhere, it was just the same shit constantly.

During this whole run on the main roster, they are thinking how his presence and ring work will be enough. Well it can't be, not in their format.

While they definitely should've given Shinsuke something else, that's really not an excuse for him dragging his feet in the ring, considering the programs you described were WWE Championship matches on the two biggest shows of the damn year. Programs that others would kill for and should be used to show management "Hey, I deserve this spot". Instead, he dropped the ball and probably let a lot of people backstage down.

So I've finally got Hulu again, which means I can watch Main Event again. :lol:

It appears EC3's out here taking Ls against Apollo and Tyler Breeze. ??? He got a rematch here with Breeze where it looks like they reversed roles with Tyler as the heel instead. And Breeze came out here with some NEW DRIP. Dude is lookin' fresh with his new haircut, kinda looks like Fandango a bit. And I like his new kickpads with the fur in front lol Match wasn't anything crazy, Breeze tried to do some fancy stuff that was botched due to how huge EC3 is. Interesting enough, he picked up the win this time with the old One Percenter (Headlock Driver).

Yup, just replace NXT Redemption with Main Event and EC3 is back to square one basically. I can see him having an Austin Aries type run, he'll probably leave in a few months and head back to Impact. Minus all the bridge burning Aries has done on his way out of both companies. :lol:

Speaking AA, is still actively wrestling? I can't imagine any promotion wanting anything to do with him at this point.

No big name indy places, but yeah, he's still out there.

Still seems pretty salty on social media about Impact. Dude got in a Twitter feud with Sami Callihan about being named Wrestler of the Year or getting Feud of the Year there or something like that. Like as if Impact have to still praise him after leaving the way he did. :lol:

I forgot to mention in my earlier post, I thought the 205 Live team (Nigel and Vic) were still the commentators for Main Event but unfortunately they've been replaced. They got the worst trio imaginable, one from each brand. Renee, Byron and Percy...my goodness. :lol:

Archived