NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be on UK.

Nobody watches that shit. Change my mind.

Ive only watched it like once lol

Last one I saw was their TakeOver which I thought was pretty decent, but nothing to stick around for. I keep telling myself to tune it for WALTER matches but I never commit

I swear every jobber gets to use Kyle O'Reilly's debut theme before Undisputed Era lol

That ending was anime af with how Io looked at the Horsewomen with pain but also death.

I think Roddy might end up splitting from the stable...

I mean, let's be realistic, while Roddy have been fantastic as a heel, he is once again kinda going nowhere. I mean, the only title he had were the tag titles, and logically speaking, he never actually won those titles, Bobby and Kyle did, he just replaced Bobby for the time being to help even the odds back then. So technically, he've never actually been a champion on the NXT roster.

In fact, looking back on the footage from an year ago, Roddy didn't regain the tag belts back from Moustache Mountain, Kyle O'Reilly did, when he made Tyler throw the towel to save Trent's legs from getting injured more... which further proves how pointless Roderick is in Undisputed Era.

I think over time, the tension and emotions between the undisputed era and Roderick will worsen, until the three will decide to kick out Roddy from the group, and Roddy will probably move on to 205 Live since they have less star power there at the moment, with Cedric and Buddy called up, TJP and Hideo gone...they're gonna need new star power and talent for 205 live, and Roderick Strong is one of them.

I think Roddy might end up splitting from the stable...

I mean, let's be realistic, while Roddy have been fantastic as a heel, he is once again kinda going nowhere. I mean, the only title he had were the tag titles, and logically speaking, he never actually won those titles, Bobby and Kyle did, he just replaced Bobby for the time being to help even the odds back then. So technically, he've never actually been a champion on the NXT roster.

In fact, looking back on the footage from an year ago, Roddy didn't regain the tag belts back from Moustache Mountain, Kyle O'Reilly did, when he made Tyler throw the towel to save Trent's legs from getting injured more... which further proves how pointless Roderick is in Undisputed Era.

I think over time, the tension and emotions between the undisputed era and Roderick will worsen, until the three will decide to kick out Roddy from the group, and Roddy will probably move on to 205 Live since they have less star power there at the moment, with Cedric and Buddy called up, TJP and Hideo gone...they're gonna need new star power and talent for 205 live, and Roderick Strong is one of them.

I don't really understand your argument of "Kyle won the tag belts, not Roddy". It's a tag team match, you both win or you both lose.

Also Roddy splitting seems possible, but I hope he doesn't. Face Roddy was annoying as hell. Just have him in the NA title picture if need be. Frankly, I'm not sure why he's not stating claim to a match for it yet.

If Roddy ends up getting kicked out, I think it's just a trap for Johnny when Roddy rejoins them in the rematch. I mean they got new trons made with all their names on them and poses and new shirts and everything. May seem like a stupid reason, but I think they wouldn't have done all that knowing they were going in this direction lol

Roddy would die a death without UE.

He was already dying before the UE

Exactly. Thats why I dont understand why buddy up there wants to see them split up

Well tbf, I dont know if he wants to see Roddy split from them. But he shouldnt.

I think it is going to be a double-swerve.

At the next TakeOver Adam Cole and Roderick Strong seem to have a falling out backstage.

In the main event Adam Cole faces Johnny Gargano once more for the NXT Championship, then Gargano fights off Fish & OReilly again, but this time, since he no longer needs to win the NXT title, they manage to overwhelm him. Roderick Strong seemingly comes to his aid, preparing to hit Cole with the Sick Kick, only to direct it towards Gargano, with all members of the UE celebrating afterwards.

I just realised a big reason for why I don't like Jaxson Ryker. It's the name. Not just because Jaxson is spelt like that, but because it reminds me of that 2008-2010 period of WWE where all the new/young/jobber guys all had the same kind of names. The kind of names that a terribly generic American action movie would name it's main character. Caylen Croft, Braden Walker, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, Alex Riley, Evan Bourne, Trent Barreta, Jack Swagger. Basically the WWECW roster.

I liked Gunner lol

I think he's better off as the manager of Forgotten Sons, who wrestles occasionally. I can't forget how quiet Full Sail was during his last match lmao

I just realised a big reason for why I don't like Jaxson Ryker. It's the name. Not just because Jaxson is spelt like that, but because it reminds me of that 2008-2010 period of WWE where all the new/young/jobber guys all had the same kind of names. The kind of names that a terribly generic American action movie would name it's main character. Caylen Croft, Braden Walker, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, Alex Riley, Evan Bourne, Trent Barreta, Jack Swagger. Basically the WWECW roster.

I thought Evan Bourne was cool because of the play on Air Bourne, but I totally agree with you.

Eli Cottonwood, Husky Harris, Lucky Cannon, Jacob Novak. Yikes.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived