NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently they changed Punishment Martinez to Damien Priest

I like that! Always find it funny that having the name Damian myself, its never common spelling to have it with two As lol

Because there is a clear difference in how you say "Damien" and "Damian"

Nah man Ive never heard that. Every time I tell people my name they spell it with an e.

I like that! Always find it funny that having the name Damian myself, its never common spelling to have it with two As lol

Nah man Ive never heard that. Every time I tell people my name they spell it with an e.

...that would actually support what I'm saying, wouldn't it? lol

No, not really. Not unless you put a French flare on the Damien version. They are both the same name.

Damien Priest is a solid name. I felt like I was in the minority because I really didnt mind Punishment Martinez, but this is a rare upgrade.

Maybe it's just a German thing then.

Damien -> Day-Me-N

Damian -> Duh-Me-Uhn

It must be. Because both pronunciations are fine with me. Ive never noticed or been bothered someone said it one way or the other. Growing up in Miami Hispanic people used to pronounce it like DAH-ME-ON which always amused me. :lol:

No, you said there is clear difference with how you say each version. There isn't.

Thought it should be mentioned outside of the releases thread, it looks like Alexander Wolfe isn't leaving but instead coming back to NXT.

Bad move tbh. Should be on UK. Dont see him being used greatly there either because the roster is always loaded.

No, you said there is clear difference with how you say each version. There isn't.

Ah, missread Bushy's post

I think they've been doing that with the 205 Live tourneys before Mania the past 2 years lol

I do wonder though if they'll put Garza Jr. with his cousin Humberto Carillo now on 205 Live.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived