NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

i saw (and heard) everything i needed to see from Dream to know i don’t *Censored* with him and i don’t think it’s a coincidence he’s not on TV right now when logically he should be, considering he was no doubt like a top 3 star in NXT on the same level as your Coles and Garganos. people like that don’t just sit out if they’re healthy. this looks like damage control.

anyway, couple notes about the show:

1. has anyone made a reference to Sunset Overdrive with the way KOR was dressed?

2. i like when WWE in general go with simple and subtle camera movement and blocking for reveals and things like that. Finn sensing exactly who was behind him and talking shit before he even turned around and then the slight pan to Kross as he does turn around. *chef’s kiss* it reminded me of one of my favorite moments in recent history when Fiend and Cena confirmed their Mania match without even saying a word. wish WWE would play around with things like that a bit more.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is though, he was featured heavily in a feud against both Ciampa and Kushida, and he was on a Takeover iirc. and that was well after everything... All I'm saying, is it weird? yes. But I think there is more to everything we simply do not know. If everything is so clear cut, he would either be released or wouldn't have been used at all... and not use him in relative mid to high profile NXT feud and make him look pretty decent. And to be fair, even without everything... I'm not sure where I would place him in NXT right now... 

Yeah that Finn vs Cross was neatly done with the camera work and everything. I was not a fan at all of that Fiend vs Cena moment you mentioned though :lol: Mainly in context how it was after that Goldberg loss... out of nowhere and him basically coming our like a regular Joe which they never did before. It felt amazingly anti climatic tbh.

Catching up on NXT since the last TakeOver. Man, this show is so great. Shame they were getting their ass kicked every week and was being overshadowed by Dynamite. Can’t wait for them to have Tuesday’s without competition (obviously not counting Dark & shit). 

Really look forward to the day Dakota Kai gets her comeuppance on Shayna Baszler. That’d be long term NJPW esque storytelling. 

29 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Hang on. Kross chooses to be bald?!?:???:

Shocked me too, this was just a few months ago while he was recovering from injury lol

grXqqnp.jpg

He does look more intimidating bald lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived