NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

21 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

I heard those shows in Japan may have been pretaped but I'm not sure. Either way, maybe something Excalibur should've kept close to the chest. ???

Looked it up and what I saw was that the event (TJPW Change The Wind Direction) took place and broadcasted on March 6th.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Looked it up and what I saw was that the event (TJPW Change The Wind Direction) took place and broadcasted on March 6th.

I mean I'm happy to see her but yeah that kinda sucks. Hope they're testing.

Thought Kyle was Baron Corbin lmao

start of the tag titles was weird to say the least, and it seems like they made the decision after they booked the Dusty Rhodes cup. such as shame. 

I'm still not against it though, teams have been popping up for a while now that just go to do some random feuds, and when they end... women seem to get lost if they are not in the title picture. 

Womens roster is pretty stacked, and I see this as a good opportunity for some of them to get valuable experience and exposure. I'd much rather see more of it in NXT since RAW/SD is way worse with them anyway. I used to be impatient with call ups and excited to see the likes of Adam Cole there... now it's the opposite. 

On that note, the only way I can see Cole thrive on RAW/SD if he gets on top immediately. Especially as a solo guy without the UE. If Edge is supposed to win the title, and lose it quickly or in a few months. Heel Cole would be perfect for it. But even though he has good backing of HHH and HBK, it all depends on how Vince sees him... and his size could be a huge detteriment. 

I know Triple H probably wouldn't do it every week, but seeing him and Cole together on Raw/SD was such a great visual. Would love to see them paired together again.

m9n0Kcp.jpg

It's crazy to me that Cole has wins over Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins on SD/Raw, meanwhile Roddy has a win over AJ & Shinsuke at Survivor Series. Imagine if they never come up but they'll always have that.

Cole was fire on RAW/SD. What I loved about the whole thing, was how he was alone in those matches (a lot of the time during the reign also), but him making that entrence against Daniel Bryan, he looked like a million bucks. 

also: Pat McCafe was awesome ins elling the whole thing. loved it. 

tbh, there is no reason why UE couldn't have been big on a show like SD, even with a golden prophecy. But I get the reason why NXT needed them, and how they have IMO been a part of the the... kind of a second big change NXT went through, with Coles reign and all. 

4 hours ago, EJ! said:

kinda funny they insist Velveteen is innocent but he’s inexplicably kept off TV while being healthy

to be fair, it's been almost a year since the supposed police report, and we haven't heard a thing about it. nor there is proof there is actually one...

1 hour ago, AONO. said:

to be fair, it's been almost a year since the supposed police report, and we haven't heard a thing about it. nor there is proof there is actually one...

Didnt the accuser not too long ago came out and said he was lying?
Or was that a different case? I dont remember but i thought i saw a bunch of tweets about someone who accused a person of sexual missconduct...but i dont know if that was about Velveteen Dream, it must have been something about a wrestler for sure.

Its a weird case all in all because the wwe stood by him and even on several occasions said there is nothing to say about this, making it clear that for them the situation has been handled...yet they keep him off screen.

2 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

It’s probably a mix of that and that Dream needs a reboot. Even before the accuser stuff his character was getting stale. 

Probably, a reboot or so will be neccessary...i doubt his character can work with the accusations hanging above his head.
Having this...what would people even describe his character? Weirdly sexual? Seductive? anyway...having this character when you are accused of sending nudes etc to minors, thats not the smartest idea imo.

6 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Or was that a different case? I dont remember but i thought i saw a bunch of tweets about someone who accused a person of sexual missconduct...but i dont know if that was about Velveteen Dream, it must have been something about a wrestler for sure.

Its a weird case all in all because the wwe stood by him and even on several occasions said there is nothing to say about this, making it clear that for them the situation has been handled...yet they keep him off screen.

You may be thinking of Austin Theory's case where the accuser apparently admitted to lying. In Dream's case, they found a legal loophole where in Florida it's apparently okay if the person is 17 and the other person is or under 23. Which is the exact age Dream was at the time this went down. So yeah, it's gross and *censored*ed up but it seems they can't do anything about it. I'm thinking they are just letting him sit out the remainder of his contract.

55 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

You may be thinking of Austin Theory's case where the accuser apparently admitted to lying. In Dream's case, they found a legal loophole where in Florida it's apparently okay if the person is 17 and the other person is or under 23. Which is the exact age Dream was at the time this went down. So yeah, it's gross and *censored*ed up but it seems they can't do anything about it. I'm thinking they are just letting him sit out the reminder of his contract.

Yeah you could be right on the Austin Theory case...i only remember it very vague.
Having him sitting out his contract seems weird to me considering the bad press they get with this.
I mean sure they dont really care about bad press seemingly, but considering the accusations and all, the overall smarter move would have been to fire him.
You wouldnt have to pay him and the press would be a bit better.
As it is, they have him still employed and it looks like they stand behind him.

A weird move by the wwe no matter what.

6 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

I don't think so. 

I know it's been rumored he is in bad favor due to his general attitude, that was described and childish and due to some according to them unrelated incidents. could be BS too.

the whole case was never clear cut to begin with. a lot of skechy things and holes in stories in combination of half information and general twitter things.

1 hour ago, Fight Me. said:

In Dream's case, they found a legal loophole where in Florida it's apparently okay if the person is 17 and the other person is or under 23. Which is the exact age Dream was at the time this went down. So yeah, it's gross and *censored*ed up but it seems they can't do anything about it. I'm thinking they are just letting him sit out the remainder of his contract.

but it's still not confirmed he sent it though, no? because they could easily fire him for that too. no matter the legality.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived