NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

5 hours ago, AONO. said:

there was something so ridiculous in that Grimes promo, and borderline cringey, but at the same time had a feel of some classic old school gimmick :lol:

cool how he implemented that stuff due to the "to the moon" catchphrase. it fits the character too. 

btw... I haven't had the time to properly get eyes on NXT in last few weeks... so, why is Kross fighting Escobar? 

Santos was talking trash about recent champions like Balor & Gargano and then he brought up Kross’ name, saying he wasn’t a real champion because he couldn’t make it through his first title defense. Kross took offense to that and now we got a match.

Grimes reminded me of something from Memphis like the Fabulous Ones or New York Dolls.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah, thanks. kinda weird tbh... but I guess it also helps Santos? Since it would a bigger profile match than usual. 

I still can't fathom why are they pushing Kross so strong. 

Not sure if this is really "building him up" either. Since it's obvious they are looking to put him on the Wrestlemania Takeover anyway, so it doesn't make sense how he wasn't given a shot at this one. I mean, I get that they are using this to get him some more presence... but he was already the NXT champion anyway. And he is obviously going to be one again very soon. Could have just get it over with. 

I'm looking forward to Dunne vs Balor because it's something I wanted to see... but I hate how something becomes a filler since you know what the next feud is. There was much much less predictability in NXT before... circa, up until Coles reign. 

Honestly, I think it's bad for Santos. He'll have to lose because Kross is being positioned to be a contender for the NXT title and having your Crusierweight champion (who is already treated as someone who is not very important) jobbing outside his weight class is not a great look to me. Plus, it's heel/heel which makes the purpose for this storyline even more puzzling. So I see little upside for Santos.

29 minutes ago, AONO. said:

Since it's obvious they are looking to put him on the Wrestlemania Takeover anyway, so it doesn't make sense how he wasn't given a shot at this one.

I know this is a bit of an aside from the point you were making, but I would be surprised if there is a Wrestlemania Takeover this year-- NXT on Wednesday, Smackdown on Friday, Wrestlemania on Saturday and Sunday, followed by Raw on Monday... unless they have Takeover on the Thursday, I don't see where they can fit it in.

7 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Honestly, I think it's bad for Santos. He'll have to lose because Kross is being positioned to be a contender for the NXT title and having your Crusierweight champion (who is already treated as someone who is not very important) jobbing outside his weight class is not a great look to me. Plus, it's heel/heel which makes the purpose for this storyline even more puzzling. So I see little upside for Santos.

I absolutely agree. I mentionda high prifole feud as the only possible positive haha. 

But maybe it's a start of something else? it just seems too random for them to not lead to absolutely anything.

And Santos also needs some change of pace.

7 hours ago, dje_wba said:

I know this is a bit of an aside from the point you were making, but I would be surprised if there is a Wrestlemania Takeover this year-- NXT on Wednesday, Smackdown on Friday, Wrestlemania on Saturday and Sunday, followed by Raw on Monday... unless they have Takeover on the Thursday, I don't see where they can fit it in.

oh, I just meant like, around that time. wasn't there one last year? a week before, or after... or something like that

You know it to be true. Cole doesn't feel relevant to me anymore. :(

Bryan Alvarez talking about Cameron Grimes' new gimmick like he actually did get rich off stonks and then they made it his new character? Did he really?? That would be awesome if true. The Million Dollar Caveman lmao

3 minutes ago, AONO. said:

wait 205 live is s 2h?

Nah they reduced it to 30 mins sadly, 2 matches a week. I'm saying they could make it an hour again and capitalize on all the extra NXT talent they have on there nowadays.

Just realized Undisputed Era bout to get solo themes and I'm nervous about it. Well, Roddy's probably going back to his old one lol

I kinda like this theme Kyle used for his debut but I doubt they'd go back to it lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived