NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think boring is fair for Kross. It’s similar to when EC3 was in NXT. He just doesn’t fit the style. NXT has been built on the “Takeover worthy” matches. Kross is made for the main roster. In NXT his ring work just stands out more as different due to the style we are used to.

eh, I guess you could say targeting a body part fits the bill, but maybe I didn't use the terms correctly then. 

I guess the pacing was weird then, because instead of building it up, they just dropped it for a while, and it's not like a dramatic spot or anything really happened to justify it.

I think it's fair, EC3 was boring too. I agree that the style doesn't fit. But Kross on the main roster would be the same, I really don't find anything about his gimmick to be involving. Sometimes you can pull a interesting charater that's lackluster in the ring or mediocre, and even vice versa. But he is just a combination of both with big production/presentation. 

Where I'm at - 

I definitely agree EC3 was a main roster guy (who obviously got beyond shafted), but at least EC3 cut a damn solid promo and had some unique moves. Kross just doesn't offer me anything. Like, what does he do that plenty of other guys on the same roster don't already do way better? Dude can throw a decent suplex, but so can every other big-but-agile fella on the roster. Why is Kross set for the mega push when you have so many better options?

Like I said, I like his presentation and really wanted to like him as a whole. But every time he has a match all I can think is "...that's it? That's all he's got to offer?"

3 hours ago, AONO. said:

eh, I guess you could say targeting a body part fits the bill, but maybe I didn't use the terms correctly then. 

I guess the pacing was weird then, because instead of building it up, they just dropped it for a while, and it's not like a dramatic spot or anything really happened to justify it.

I think it's fair, EC3 was boring too. I agree that the style doesn't fit. But Kross on the main roster would be the same, I really don't find anything about his gimmick to be involving. Sometimes you can pull a interesting charater that's lackluster in the ring or mediocre, and even vice versa. But he is just a combination of both with big production/presentation. 

I think you need to rewatch the match. The psychology is there throughout the match; nothing was dropped. At the end Kross powerslams Priest onto the steps which *censored*ed his ribs even more. They return to the ring. Priest laughs at Kross because despite all the damage to his ribs, he can still go, and so he eggs him on. Kross becomes livid. Kross Doomsday Saitos him and then follows up with a Running Forearm to Priest’s head for good measure. 1-2-3. Do I think it was the most psychologically-sound match there was? No. Maybe the selling could have been a notch better and the move selection could’ve been more limited with the damage they sustained. But they told a story well enough to have engaged me as a viewer (unlike some other matches that night) and so I thought it was a pretty good match. My second favorite match all night between the two shows (although I still have Dynamite’s main event to watch), in fact. So it wasn’t boring to me.

They announced some first round matches for the Dusty Classic will take place on 205 Live. The 205 Live teams in the tourney include August Grey/Curt Stallion, The Bollywood Boyz, Ever-Rise, Jake Atlas & Swerve, Kushida & Leon Ruff and Legado Del Fantasma. Not all of these will take place here obviously but damn didn't notice half the tourney was made up of Cruiserweights lmao

Forgot all about that nasty table bump for Rhea.

MSK debuting tonight. :D

The Way's Candice LeRae. Love it.

Maybe Candice should stop doing the Joey Ryan move lol

I wonder if Finn/Kyle have legit heat.

Imagine Pat McAfee challenges Finn after Pete lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived