NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Man, NXT’s way of building to matches/booking feuds/general creativity lately has been such a miss. It’s either generic and bland (the entire women’s division and male main-event scene) or goofy and unfunny (Rhea/Stone, Strong/Lumis). The only successes since TO have been Thatcher, Grimes, and Escobar’s group.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same thing they did with Cole/Dream apparently. Wouldn't be surprised if they go with the other since a PC talent leaked the ending on his IG story apparently.

well it would be dumb to change everything just because the idiot put it on a IG story. 

I got spoiled by accident, and even though I'm still looking for the match, I hate that I potentialy know the ending because these kind of matches thrive on not knowing who is going to win. I know it's popular now to be against false finishes, but I still think they have their place, or that they can have a big part in matches like these. 

On 7/6/2020 at 4:46 PM, PaperThinWalls said:

Man, NXT’s way of building to matches/booking feuds/general creativity lately has been such a miss. It’s either generic and bland (the entire women’s division and male main-event scene) or goofy and unfunny (Rhea/Stone, Strong/Lumis). The only successes since TO have been Thatcher, Grimes, and Escobar’s group.

I’ve liked all those stories tbh. 

really looking forward to NXT tonight !

On 7/2/2020 at 4:48 AM, Crazy. said:

I officially love Dexter Lumis. One of my favorite characters in WWE.

Same ! Listening to WOL and Bryan Alvarez is saying how he’s not good in ring and the no selling sucks, match with Roddy was bad and too long. Wtf? I expected him to be way worse (I’ve never seen his Sam Shaw work in TNA), but he’s actually a pretty good wrestler. His moves look solid and his punches are believable. Not to mention he’s able to stay completely in character the whole match. I don’t know what the ceiling is for him, but I look forward to watching him on TV all the time. Definitely in my top 5 favorites rn. 

Ohhh why did I look at the comments of a FOX Adam Cole tweet?

It's like Endgame all over again for me. :( Well, actually Endgame was worse. Cause it was in the comments of a World Star vid that had nothing to do with nothing smh.

28 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Ohhh why did I look at the comments of a FOX Adam Cole tweet?

It's like Endgame all over again for me. :( Well, actually Endgame was worse. Cause it was in the comments of a World Star vid that had nothing to do with nothing smh.

Hilarious 

1 hour ago, Bushy. said:

I’ve liked all those stories tbh. 

really looking forward to NXT tonight !

The stories we have are so paper thin. The women’s and men’s main event scenes have been hotshot to hell. Sasha/Io’s two week build was like a cliff notes version of the Charlotte/Rhea feud (which btw for those who were in favor of that feud and Charlotte’s WM win, I hope you now realize how much it screwed Rhea’s momentum and overness). And Cole/Lee could have been much so greater if it was given a proper build and had more fire. The main driving point is that it’s a Winner Takes All match, which is like... so what? Idk I just want some compelling, passionate stories and NXT ain’t delivering that atm (at least for me).

Yim looks weird in shorts. She could've just gone with her usual look with her merch shirt on.

A couple inches off and Candice could've hit the wall lmao

Mrs. LeRae's Wild Ride!

Doesn't she do that move as a tribute to Joey Ryan? I thought she didn't *Censored* with him now lol

Papa John's. It's a sign.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived