NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks Keith Lee didn't get the NXT title after basically becoming a mega star at Survivor Series. But I can't blame Triple H, Vince could take Keith Lee away from him any second now. I would've given him a short run with it personally, but it's probably different now that NXT is on TV.

with what they have going on with the UE and Cole, giving Lee the NXT title... especially for a short run, would kinda mess up the whole NXT main event scene, and a lot of stories. It's perfect the way everything is really.

Don't want to take anything away from Lee because on survivor series he turned a lot of heads, and brought a lot of non NXT eyes on him, but when you look at the whole month... Cole was nothing but a star on TV, everywhere he went, and backed up his status in the ring.

What I'm saying is, maybe he shouldn't have even be booked for NXT NA title, it kina seems weird now... but then again hopefully that will keep his momentum strong even after WM, where he will probably end up on Smackdown. Wonder who will go for the NA title now...

Idk, I trust them with the NXT booking tbh

So apparently there's a report that WWE is removing the word "Women" from all female championships, and it's starting with NXT. The NXT Women's Championship will be simply called the "NXT Championship", just like the men's title. If this is true, then this is easily one of the dumbest things the company has done.

It's like WWW thinks their female talent being referred to as "women" is somehow a bad thing and that it further sets them back. Taking away the word "women" isn't the same as taking away the word "diva".

They're failing to understand that it's about the women simply being utilized as equal to their male counterparts. It's not a matter of their gender somehow being the reason the women's roster is "held back". They can't help the fact that were born a woman. The change won't really change anything on TV. It won't stop certain stars from being stuck in catering.

I *censored*ing hate Becky Lynch right now, but I can't help but to feel like she's somehow the scapegoat.

Becky did say on Backstage two days ago that she thinks "the best thing for the women's division, right now, is [to] eliminate the term women," I don't think it's an accident that they changed the NXT Women's Championship shortly thereafter

Lmao right after I posted this, here's Becky's statement on it

VuWUead.jpg

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1220489376821583873?s=19

I don't think it's worth it. They're removing that label for what? Will it ultimately change anything? A good chunk of the roster still won't have any strong development, and all the main storylines will mainly revolve around the FHW (2 of which aren't even that entertaining). It's like their doing this to make things more progressive because the term "women" is somehow bad.

Removing the term women in my eyes put it on equal level with the WWE and Universal titles.

I think the same actually, and maybe I'm going back now in when I said I agree with Creeps idea of puting "men" into the name... but tbh, I think the point is the same.

And I do hate it when these kind of changes bother people so much.

I don't think it's worth it. They're removing that label for what? Will it ultimately change anything? A good chunk of the roster still won't have any strong development, and all the main storylines will mainly revolve around the FHW (2 of which aren't even that entertaining). It's like their doing this to make things more progressive because the term "women" is somehow bad.

Not worth it? What are you on about? What's the damage here?

I don't know if this post is more nonsensical or your last one on the topic.

My thing is why is it such an issue now when it wasn't since the beginning of the women's division way back when in the early days? Sure they ain't have a voice like it is now but still. Don't have a issue with the movement, but IMO since the whole women's empowerment/equality wave blew up over the past few years, folks within these groups been trying to change shit that doesn't need to be touched for the sake of being seen on the same level as us men. This is another one that was fine untouched. W/E

Removing the term women in my eyes put it on equal level with the WWE and Universal titles.

I think the same actually, and maybe I'm going back now in when I said I agree with Creeps idea of puting "men" into the name... but tbh, I think the point is the same.

And I do hate it when these kind of changes bother people so much.

Not worth it? What are you on about? What's the damage here?

I don't know if this post is more nonsensical or your last one on the topic.

I take it that WWE is doing this as a means of "progressing"... but there won't be much point in doing so if nothing reflects on TV. NXT is fine with their booking, but I'm simply talking about RAW and SmackDown.

My thing is why is it such an issue now when it wasn't since the beginning of the women's division way back when in the early days?

If you can't see how much has changed since then...then this isn't even worth answering.

WWE wants to do championships like MMA or boxing, where gender is irrelevant and there are merely tiers. It makes perfect sense to do championships this way...and the only people complaining are simpletons.

Also, if you ask me...this is more of an obvious reaction to Tessa Blanchard and Impact than anything else.

I mean I did say that the women ain't have much of a voice back then. Of course I've noticed the changes since then, still questioning the decision on why now

Completely agree on it being because of Tessa/Impact tho. Who knows what's next if folks make enough necessary or unnecessary noise about womens wrestling? Impact prob next to answer right back with their Knockouts Championship. Maybe AEW instead since they actually have the words Women's Championship

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived