NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't get the point in bringing in Shelly, reuniting a fan-favorite team...and then going out of the way to bury them in the first round. Hopefully they have somewhere to go with this, and it wasn't just a one off to make Shelly and Kushida look incompetent. Because...I still go back to the way they announced Shelly on the down-low...with just a graphic...no camera shot on the crowd. Squashing any reaction he got. And then GYV cut a promo essentially saying "you guys are nothing, and we are the present". It all just seemed...highly forced to me. Like one of those intentional digs that WWE sometimes does.

I really don't get the point in bringing in Shelly, reuniting a fan-favorite team...and then going out of the way to bury them in the first round. Hopefully they have somewhere to go with this, and it wasn't just a one off to make Shelly and Kushida look incompetent. Because...I still go back to the way they announced Shelly on the down-low...with just a graphic...no camera shot on the crowd. Squashing any reaction he got. And then GYV cut a promo essentially saying "you guys are nothing, and we are the present". It all just seemed...highly forced to me. Like one of those intentional digs that WWE sometimes does.

Incompetent? Lmao, come on man... They lost a debut match. Fans still know who they are, and Mauro explained during the entrance what they accomplished. They also played a bit on the rust of not being a team for so long. And what you say as "incompetence", can also easily be attributed to tag team ring rust. They also teamed in a live event prior to this, and one of the reasons why the booked it could also be for them to get in the ring together again in front of a crowd, see how things are going... And it would be forced if they had a surprise after that, since it would obviously come out. So why not announce it a week before, and you also have people tuning in to see them back together again.

As for the GYW promo... it was fitting, and why not use that. I fail to see how that made them look bad... It is, if you believe in cocky shits like they are, then sure you will think Timesplitters are idiots.

Dusty Classic bar the AOP one year, and the UE, the tournament is mainly used for teams that won't get that much exposure later on, on for some random team for whatever reason later on anyway.

I first had a feeling they won't team much, and they are just giving some fan service. But they probably will... And we will probably see them again against reD... I mean UE.

Agreed Bushy. That's was one heck of a match. I like how Dunne and Riddle were on the same page. Plus, that Bitter End/Final Flash combo looked nice.

Also, your boy Swerve getting a title match. I'm sure you're happy about that.

Hell yeah, I loved the whole show. Just finished it. One of my favorite episodes in a while. Ending wouldve been perfect if Io won. I love Belair, but damn everyone wanted Shirai.

I am also a Shotzi Blackheart Stan now. I absolutely LOVE her look. She looks like a very creative CAW lol. Glad she got a big spot at the end there.

Very good week for wrestling overall. My other favorite Buddy Murphy had another killer with Black and is now main event spot bound. So happy with wrestling atm.

Edit: Listening to the Observer now. Im assuming Meltzer is gonna shit on Belair saying shes too green and it shouldve been Io lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived