NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE wants Joey Ryan apparently to have an NXT run and then become a coach lol I don't think he's that dumb to go and get everything stripped away from him. He makes good money already and is probably AEW bound after how good the angle with Hangman Page went last year.

Joey Ryan doesn't really have anything to lose. This is one of those times where I don't understand people complaining about a WWE signing (or, potential signing for that matter). His gimmick is stale as all hell...and his gimmick is the only reason he's had any level of mainstream success. He knows that he can't just keep doing the same shit over and over and be over. So, it's probably in his best interest to go have some fun in NXT where they'll allow him to be at least somewhat similar to his indy character...and then button down a cushy corporate job. If he doesn't take the offer, what more does he realistically have? One more solid year of penis jokes? He'd be nuts not to take the job.

Balls.

I just realised a big reason for why I don't like Jaxson Ryker. It's the name. Not just because Jaxson is spelt like that, but because it reminds me of that 2008-2010 period of WWE where all the new/young/jobber guys all had the same kind of names. The kind of names that a terribly generic American action movie would name it's main character. Caylen Croft, Braden Walker, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, Alex Riley, Evan Bourne, Trent Barreta, Jack Swagger. Basically the WWECW roster.

I thought Evan Bourne was cool because of the play on Air Bourne, but I totally agree with you.

Eli Cottonwood, Husky Harris, Lucky Cannon, Jacob Novak. Yikes.

Ok but Eli Cottonwood fit the guy pretty freaking well, being some inbred redneck who struggled to walk. The others I agree with.

Ok but Eli Cottonwood fit the guy pretty freaking well, being some inbred redneck who struggled to walk. The others I agree with.

Dude's finisher was even called Deliverance. :lol:

Breeze faced Velveteen Dream at a live event last night. I really hope he just returns to NXT.

Referee Tom Castor broke his leg during the match as well.

I'm interested to know how the hell a ref breaks his leg...but, that guy is a true legend. I'ma do my best to remember the name Tom Castor, and not just "leg guy". *Insert Spongebob clip*. I even followed him on twitter to see how his recovery goes. Heal your wheel, sir.

If only WWE & NJPW played nice long enough for Liger to make more appearances like at a Rumble or something. The moment ROH just had with Liger and Muta in the Honor Rumble at MSG was awesome.

Still, pretty cool to say I was there live for Liger's only WWE match ever. :P

Pretty cool that they got a black announcer.

Also Montez Ford is one of my favorites and I really look forward to Shane Strickland. This is the happiest Ive been with black talent in the WWE since I started watching man thank god lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived