NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

i just watched the Fatal 5 Way segment and man that was fantastic. everybody’s time on the mic was well spent, but Adam Cole is on a different *censored*ing level, Kross is only one even close touching him and i would love a proper singles feud with them just for the promos. the only thing about Cole is i wish he would tone down the lil stutter thing he does before he begins his next point. Pete Dunne’s voice is not meant to convey emotion lmao. a mouthpiece would be great if he can’t learn how to liven up a little.

NXT’s camera work is great. that shot of the super kick was so dope and hilarious.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just cought up with the last couple of weeks....

Cole is just another level in terms of presence and charisma. His promo game has been top notch these past year/year and a half. He speaks with so much confidence and conviction too. His promo with Kross even reminded me a bit of CM Punk and his heel run or ssomething when he yells at your face. 

I like Zoey Stark. I think she might be the most fundamentally-sound wrestler in her division. In terms of personality — yeah, she’s a bit plain, but I’m fine with that for now cause her in-ring work is her strength, so you play to that. As for Hayes, he didn’t really leave much of an impression on me on his first appearance (which is all I’ve seen of his work). His vignette was your usual scripted promo and his match was a normal modern crusierweight match.

I’m going to be biased because as a young black wrestling fan, I finally feel like I’m getting stable representation in mainstream professional wrestling. When I first started watching in 2007, all I had were guys like Mark Henry, MVP, Shelton Benjamin among others. Even a guy like Kofi Kingston I just never felt that “connected” to. I feel like I’m finally getting guys that look like me. Have a similar personality as me. A guy that could I could even model my wrestling CAW after. 

and everything you said about his debut to me is perfectly fine. That’s my favorite style even though I don’t watch 205 Live. He had good delivery besides generic scripting which means he’ll be able to deliver on promos in the future. He had natural charisma. I’m happy with the direction AEW & WWE are doing with the future of black wrestlers. 

Even with guys like Lio Rush & ACH I didn’t see that “it” factor in them like I do with a guy like Melo or Swerve.

5 hours ago, Bushy. said:

.Even with guys like Lio Rush & ACH I didn’t see that “it” factor in them like I do with a guy like Melo or Swerve.

take it back.

but nah i feel you for the most part. it was always they were either good on the mic but shitty wrestlers or they were bad on the mic but good in the ring. cool seeing so much black talent do well and win titles and not have it feel like some form of affirmative action. 

and yeah i didn’t watch the whole match but i watched Hayes’ backstage interview. i was just like “please don’t sound stupid, please don’t sound stupid” and sure enough he sounded natural and comfortable which is all i ask.

Oh shit, wrong thread. Oh well lmao

NXT UK should def get some shine at Survivor Series to erase the memory of WALTER getting jobbed 5 mins in. ???

I'm happy Joe's still in WWE. If getting cleared wasn't an issue he'd be an instant world champion in another company but if that's what keeping him from competing elsewhere then I like this role for him

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived