NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Karrion Kross a lot but there has been something about him recently that has made me have mixed feelings about. Not exactly sure what it is but now I think it's but of him being raged out 24/7 and Scarlett usually being so extra.

I dig the badass and tough guy gimmick and that he doesn't talk much but him being so angry non-stop in and out of the ring with him just seething and a looking like he's about to kill someone isn't that cool when it's all his character is about or does. "Tick Tock" should also only be used at times than part of his vocabulary in most promos.

Then there's Scarlett. She kept making facial expressions during this ring promo like she was having an orgasm! Usually that would be hot but it doesn't fit well with Kross as champion talking about the title and any challengers. 

13 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

I like Karrion Kross a lot but there has been something about him recently that has made me have mixed feelings about. Not exactly sure what it is but now I think it's but of him being raged out 24/7 and Scarlett usually being so extra.

I dig the badass and tough guy gimmick and that he doesn't talk much but him being so angry non-stop in and out of the ring with him just seething and a looking like he's about to kill someone isn't that cool when it's all his character is about or does. "Tick Tock" should also only be used at times than part of his vocabulary in most promos.

Then there's Scarlett. She kept making facial expressions during this ring promo like she was having an orgasm! Usually that would be hot but it doesn't fit well with Kross as champion talking about the title and any challengers. 

totally agree about everything, except I can't say he ever worked for me, for these exact reasons mostly. Especially about the seetheing part lol

I don't get why they were so adamant in pushing him so hard right fom the start like he was a God send. yet everything that really stood off about him, was the doing of their production. 

Opening segment on NXT with him and Scarlett was just weird as hell. Scarlett having orgasams for no reason while the camera is on almost a close up on them, Kross again seething but combined with some crowd play that didn't make sense. And the point he made about being on top was delivered weird too. "They say when you are on top, the only way you can go is down. That's a lie". I mean... what? You are not going "up" if you are just looking to destroy everybody.  He proceeded talking about just killing everybody and clenching his teeth again for whatever reason. Why did you need a championship then? 

I get that this "doomsday" shit is just a gimmick, but it doesn't even make some superficial sense. If his goal is to just destroy and bring on the "doomsday", why did he go for the championship almost first thing? It shouldn't matter to him really. 

On 4/14/2021 at 4:35 PM, Jeb ? said:

XhkI00D.png

NXT's new logo. Idrk what this aesthetic is supposed to be lol

The updated gold logo looks great. Every update to that keeps getting better. I hate that they brought back the giant 2016 X though. And the demon on top ? None of it makes sense at all. Way too cluttered. And it clashes hard with Raw & SD’s logo. 

WWE.com even wrote an article about this. Hmm...probably nothing but I definitely see Kross getting called up mad quick. Although I always wanted to see Cena work a match on NXT. I think at most he did a segment with Damien Sandow once lol

Is the NXT brand name too established now to ever change it's name like Raw and Smackdown? The brand has gone through big changes in the last couple of years and well I wouldn't mind a reboot someday. Same colors and everything but just a new name! NXT for Next and the concept of next new superstars doesn't fit anymore when it's pretty much a 3rd brand than ever before besides ppvs. Some already established stars in wrestling sign for NXT and some stars from the main roster goes to nxt.

17 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

WWE.com even wrote an article about this. Hmm...probably nothing but I definitely see Kross getting called up mad quick. Although I always wanted to see Cena work a match on NXT. I think at most he did a segment with Damien Sandow once lol

I hope he gets called up asap, I want him far away from NXT. And I want Ciampa to put him down.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived