NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been watching NXT in months. Since last year, honestly. Gonna get caught up to some degree by starting with the January 6th episode and watching every episode since then. There are definitely episodes I haven't seen before then...but I needed to pick a place to jump back in, and the NYE show seemed like the best place.

Wish me luck. Lol.

51 minutes ago, Generations said:

I haven't been watching NXT in months. Since last year, honestly. Gonna get caught up to some degree by starting with the January 6th episode and watching every episode since then. There are definitely episodes I haven't seen before then...but I needed to pick a place to jump back in, and the NYE show seemed like the best place.

Wish me luck. Lol.

Too much lol I'd just start from Takeover: Vengeance Day.

Credit:pwinsider

Last night's vignettes featuring "Franky" point to the likely debut of former Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie on Tuesday 4/14 on WWE NXT.  The dog used in the vignettes is owned by Taya and John Morrison.

WWE filed a trademark back in February for the name Franky Monet, so that appears to be her new ring name.

Not sure if I mentioned this last week, but August Gray's Sliced Bread Unprettier is an awesome finishing move.

Mansoor barely survives with a small package. 45-0!

BOLLY-RISE RULES.

Look, I love 205 and I'll watch every week...but it kinda sucks that it's the same handful of guys every week. It's Bolly-Rise, Tony Nese, Ariya Daivari, Curt Stallion, August Gray, Mansoor, Jake Atlas and Ashantee Thee Adonis every week. Main Event has a similar problem...we know how many people sit in catering every week, yet we only ever see Humberto, Garza, Tozawa, Ricochet and Elias lol

It especially sucks since TECHNICALLY right now it's the biggest the division's every been since it's the 205 roster and literally everyone who's eligible on the NXT/NXT UK rosters. Once in a blue moon, we may get Swerve or Tyler Breeze. KUSHIDA makes a surprise appearance like once a year. Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan were great additions until they decided to finally push them on NXT. Drake Maverick is the former GM and only wrestled here during the Dusty Cup. And he hasn't been on in months, but Brian Kendrick retiring and becoming a producer is a huge blow as well. Even the champion Santos Escobar and Legado Del Fantasma appearing is a rare thing. I'd even take a Jordan Devilin at this point.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:26 PM, Fight Me. said:

Too much lol I'd just start from Takeover: Vengeance Day.

It’s not that hard honestly. There’s been times where I fall behind about 5-6 episodes and catch up in a day. Skipping commercials and some worthless tag matches it’s doable. 

just tired of the NXT slander tbh, it’s not the hottest but people acting like the show sucks now and it’s still better than both Raw & SD each week IMO. Yeah, they hot shot, but they still used to put on title matches on regular weeklies all the time pre AEW era so I don’t know why we look back at that time as so “perfect”. 

I’ve been watching NXT since F4W and a lot of the stuff now is still better than some stuff in 15, 16, 17. I think 18 was their absolute best year though. And 19 runner up. 

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived