NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

Probably gonna be Kross vs Priest at New Year's Evil before Kross gets Bálor

Which is unfortunate because that match should not be happening at all. NXT had it so easy and they managed to over-complicate it. All they had to do was have Balor face the guy who put out him for months (Kyle) at the special and then after the match have Kross attack Balor because he wants the title he never lost. It was soooo easy that the material booked itself but then this episode happened and now we have shit like Priest being involved in 3 different storylines for some reason. These people have no clue and it's sad.

*Censored*, fell asleep during the second hour lol

I think Bálor will drop the title right away to Kross. Then around Mania weekend, they will try again with WALTER and fly him over for the big match. Don't see anyone else breaking his undefeated streak (not counting Dragunov pinning him in a tag).

9 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Which is unfortunate because that match should not be happening at all. NXT had it so easy and they managed to over-complicate it. All they had to do was have Balor face the guy who put out him for months (Kyle) at the special and then after the match have Kross attack Balor because he wants the title he never lost. It was soooo easy that the material booked itself but then this episode happened and now we have shit like Priest being involved in 3 different storylines for some reason. These people have no clue and it's sad.

Wouldn't make sense at all for him to face Kyle again, he took him out in battle that left Finn raising Kyles hand. It would be a pointless rematch. Replace Kyle with maybe Dunne, since he is a heel, always works well in the spotlight, and would be a fresh cool matchup. But it seems like that might be happening anyway

I agree about Kross, but I can somewhat understand the decision for him to have a competitor before Finn. But I wouldn't rule out him facing Finn at NYE just yet, he could face Priest before that. Dude needs matches anyway.

But tbh, I'd much rather not have Kross at all haha

Still not a fan and the way they have put money on him. Also... when he beats Finn... what then? Who is facing him? I can't see anybody on the current roster having a realistic chance, and he seems as too boring of a character to have multiple big feuds and just go through the roster. They have so much more interesting and fun talent that they could work a lot of stuff with... 

Balor is a mean mother*censored*er. Kyle BROKE his jaw. Instead of being a mean mother*censored*er defending his belt, Kyle caused him to sit at home drinking through a straw for months which gave Balor plenty of time think about what the hell Kyle had done to him. In that moment, he raised Kyle’s hand but since then, things have festered and now he wants Kyle’s ass. Balor in NXT is the kind of guy who shouldn’t let shit slide. He’s so wants to give Kyle a piece of his mind that he’s willing to give him another shot at the title. And before shit gets too out-of-hand you have Kross to wheel us back in by the end to show us who the true heel really is here. The whole point of this match and build is to further develop each guy and it’s just something that feels natural to do. Of course, that was all *censored*ed up last night when they did the whole cliche parade of guys who come out one-at-a-time to challenge for the belt. I *censored*ing hate those segments.

For Kross, the only thing that should matter to him is the belt that he never lost. So why’s he attacking a guy like Priest? Because he’s in his way from achieving what he wants? Well, he shouldn’t. Kross has a legitimate claim for that belt; nothing should be in his way. And if there is, then you best not make it contrived and/or illogical which this smells like atm. And what’s worse? Priest is a guy who shouldn’t be losing matches and if they go through this match, well... here’s another loss for Priest, a guy they should be pushing hard.

So anyway, my point is that Kross’s first goal should be the belt unless there’s a really good, sensible obstacle that prevents him from pursuing it.

Dunne/Balor is a stellar matchup, but I rather that marinate a little before we get to it. We need a longer build for that. That’s why Balor/O’Reilly is the perfect match to be slotted into this schedule, they already have the story built; not much needs to be done and it gives Balor a nice win before moving onto Kross.

Ideally in my fantasy-booking world the guy who would eventually beat Kross would have been...

PRIEST!

But as this long-ass post has made clear, last night screwed everything up, so now I don’t know if that’s the match anymore. lol

I'm not too excited for Kross being back. And even less excited that he'll likely be beating Priest and then Finn soon after. I really wanted to like Kross, I love his entrance and presentation, but when he gets in the ring  I go to sleep. 

The episode started out so hype too! I was ready for a triple threat with Dunne, Kyle and Priest for #1 Contendership, that would've slapped!

On 12/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, PaperThinWalls said:

Balor is a mean mother*censored*er. Kyle BROKE his jaw. Instead of being a mean mother*censored*er defending his belt, Kyle caused him to sit at home drinking through a straw for months which gave Balor plenty of time think about what the hell Kyle had done to him. In that moment, he raised Kyle’s hand but since then, things have festered and now he wants Kyle’s ass. Balor in NXT is the kind of guy who shouldn’t let shit slide. He’s so wants to give Kyle a piece of his mind that he’s willing to give him another shot at the title. And before shit gets too out-of-hand you have Kross to wheel us back in by the end to show us who the true heel really is here. The whole point of this match and build is to further develop each guy and it’s just something that feels natural to do. Of course, that was all *censored*ed up last night when they did the whole cliche parade of guys who come out one-at-a-time to challenge for the belt. I *censored*ing hate those segments.

For Kross, the only thing that should matter to him is the belt that he never lost. So why’s he attacking a guy like Priest? Because he’s in his way from achieving what he wants? Well, he shouldn’t. Kross has a legitimate claim for that belt; nothing should be in his way. And if there is, then you best not make it contrived and/or illogical which this smells like atm. And what’s worse? Priest is a guy who shouldn’t be losing matches and if they go through this match, well... here’s another loss for Priest, a guy they should be pushing hard.

So anyway, my point is that Kross’s first goal should be the belt unless there’s a really good, sensible obstacle that prevents him from pursuing it.

Dunne/Balor is a stellar matchup, but I rather that marinate a little before we get to it. We need a longer build for that. That’s why Balor/O’Reilly is the perfect match to be slotted into this schedule, they already have the story built; not much needs to be done and it gives Balor a nice win before moving onto Kross.

Ideally in my fantasy-booking world the guy who would eventually beat Kross would have been...

PRIEST!

But as this long-ass post has made clear, last night screwed everything up, so now I don’t know if that’s the match anymore. lol

I get your idea, and it doesn't sound bad. But I'm not sure I totally see or agree the reason for him wanting the match with O'Riley. I mean, he won and gave him respect. It would be weird that he changed his mind after seeing his jaw was broken so he would get him another title opportunity because of that. Just not seeing the "not letting that slide" angle. In fact he beat him with a broken freaking jaw. Finn isn't just a badass, ever since he came back he wanted to *Censored* people up to prove that he isn't this soft competitor he was potrayed as on RAW/SD, and that he belongs on the top of food chain. So And when he got there with getting the title, now it's time for others to provet hemselves to him. Hence also him mentioning "the Finn rub". 

As for Kross. I agree it should, but Priest decided to call him out and insult him, he couldn't let that slide, so he attacked him after. I mean I read your questioning from kayfabe POV. Also, in his mind if he needs to to kill somebody on the way, doesn't matter, he'll do it. It's just a roadbloack since Finn knows he is coming from him since the start and knows that he is back... *insert tick tock pun*. 

Now why they had Priest in there at the first place... that's another thing haha. Probably trying to profile him more in top level scene and distance him from NA title. I agree about the potential loss though. Even though, a loss to Kross maybe wouldn't do much damage, since Kross is obviously booked like a monster. Priest is being established on more levels. He needed to show more of his character and peronality, which they did with the Garganno feud, and now they will probably go for establishing him in top level competition. I don't see him dropping yet. 

Priest in beating Kross? You intrigued me with the idea. But like I've said Kross booking worries me. He is very limiting imo. 

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived