NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AONO. said:

I'm in for Kushida beating Priest. 

I wanna see him be CW champ first and work his way up. He could be the first Grand Slam champ lol

DEXTER.

WWE NXT and 205 Live will make a permanent move away from Winter Park, Florida's Full Sail University starting with this week's TakeOver 31 show, reports John Pollock of POST Wrestling.

The WWE Performance Center in Orlando will play host to all future broadcasts, rather than Full Sail's NXT Arena.

This is a significant switch for NXT in particular. Full Sail has been the home location for WWE's black and gold brand for years now, with the building and its rabid, loyal fanbase a big part of the show's identity. Things are different at the moment, of course, with the global health crisis preventing said fans from attending, though the switch all but guarantees NXT will have a different feel once they return.

Recent episodes of 205 Live had been going down in the Amway Center's ThunderDome. The cruiserweight brand moves to the PC next Friday.

Dave Meltzer reported last year that there was talk of WWE pulling NXT out of Full Sail at some point in 2020, though January was originally pinpointed. The talk back then revolved around WWE booking buildings comparable in size to those used by AEW for Dynamite.

I always wanted 205 Live at Full Sail...when there were still crowds lol Sucks for them having to move away from the Thunderdome but I guess since they're basically all NXT superstars now it's better to just keep them all together to avoid more spreading.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived