NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

On 7/24/2020 at 3:31 PM, Fight Me. said:

It was good. Just think it didn't have to go almost 15 mins lol

I have a question for you since both of us are subscribed to Wrestling Observer. Do you think Meltzer and Alvarez are biased against WWE/NXT in favor of AEW/NJPW?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean I guess. But as much as I like AEW, hearing Meltzer fan girl over everything they do is so annoying lol. 

not to mention I legit hate ratings talk. I don’t mind a casual talk about ratings but it’s so beaten down every show I wish I could skip it altogether. Wish Raw got its shit together too so I stopped hearing about it 

1 hour ago, Bushy. said:

I have a question for you since both of us are subscribed to Wrestling Observer. Do you think Meltzer and Alvarez are biased against WWE/NXT in favor of AEW/NJPW?

Absolutely. He does indeed criticize both shows (which he so readily brings up whenever someone accuses favoritism) but the problem is he minimizes AEW’s negatives and accentuates their positives. While for WWE he does the opposite: he’s minimizes their positives and accentuates their negatives. That’s where the bias is truly noticeable. Listen to him when he talks about Omega, the Bucks, and Jericho, for instance. They rarely doing anything wrong for him first off but when they do, he holds back his punches and sugarcoats his criticism because he doesn’t want to hurt their feelings. When you listen to him, it’s very clear he’s friends with these people because he rarely has a strong word against them. He’s very much a friendly critic to them.

As for Alvarez, you can tell he barely pays attention to any WWE program he watches because he constantly misses shit and says false things about what he’s watched. 

Dave is the same as any other journalist. I get that hes the poster boy of wrestling journalism, but I'm not sure why people are still surprised when he says something bias. I dont take much stock in his ratings or his scoops, but he is generally quite sensible, even when bias. 

Idk why but I really like Bronson Reed. Dude just seems like a chill guy, so I was pretty happy he won the triple threat.

4 more spots right? Hoping it goes to Priest, Grimes, Oney and....maybe KUSHIDA? I'd say Swerve, but looks like he's gonna be next for the CW title, and a high flier would be a great addition to the match. Hell, if they wanna have tag guys be eligible, then throw Breeze or Dango in there.

What if Thorne & Vink help Reed win the ladder match and he rejoins TMDK? Idk I just feel bad for those guys falling off the face of the Earth when MVP dropped em for Lashley instead after a week lol

Starting now. Getting to hear the old Armageddon theme again for the second time this year. Thank you Kross. ?

Some people really thought the Cole/McAfee thing was a shoot lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived