NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

I'm cool with it. Not like it happens every other reign with NXT, the last dominant champ like this was KO. And that was 5 years ago already, believe it or not.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I have to agree, I mean, this is not only a slap in the face to dream, who rightfully EARNED his place to become NXT world champ, but it's too soon.

It's clearly obvious that Kross will win, they won't just have him lose to Cole, not so soon...

Then again, is it truly a bad thing? I mean, didn't Kevin Owens do the same thing when he first came to NXT, after only two months debut, he became NXT champion. So maybe this isn't too surprising...

I’m not fully convinced with his work yet, so I would’ve liked to see more from him before he got to that spot. I also think the dynamics of the feud will bug me. It’s Heel vs Heel but with Cole probably being more face which is... eh considering what he and UE had done to Dream for the past year. 

I think another problem is replacing a very long time heel champion with... well, another heel. 

I don't mind Kross being in this position because "he only just arrived", and I agree that not everybody has to "rise up through the ranks". But all I have seen from Kross is good production around him, a lot of "intense crazy eyes" and short ring work, and other ring work outside NXT that I have seen is just pure average. 

I get that they are looking to try something and different, with a lot of production around the character and that's all cool... but not with him. 

And I'm very interested in seeing where Dream goes from here... I don't see the earlier charater work and flamboyancy getting back. Also this road to last Cole match felt really rushed and thrown just for the sake of it. It really seems like they cooled of him at the start of the COVID-19 stuff, and mid feud with Cole...

4 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Unless Dream is being called up/they are waiting to have crowds for the big pop/they are actually taking the sexual claims serious.

If they are, I doubt he would have the showing that he did in the first match. He looked really good there. Nor would he be in a title match again.

But... I think they decided to tone him down a lot due to the incident. 

NXT was good. Really looking forward to this Cole/Kross feud. I'm not familiar with Kross' pre-WWE work at all and what we've seen of him on NXT obviously isn't enough to really judge him, but there's just something about him that screams championship material to me. I love that we're finally getting a heel vs. heel feud (even if Cole is likely to be face-ish). Really interested to see how the dynamic of the feud is gonna play out. Don't think they'll have Cole be dominated like the rest of Kross' opponents, and I feel like these guys can produce something really special if given time.

11 hours ago, Jmerc said:

I read a reaction to this episode being that it is the start of a new era in NXT and I think thats very accurate. 

Lol what do you think is the new era ? I feel like we have a different era every couple of months because so many top guys get moved to Raw & SD. Only thing that’s stayed the same is Cole as champ. But we got 2 hour shows last year, live, main roster invasion, new graphics, music, no fans, etc. 

The El Hijo Del Fantasma segment was very epic, if you ask me. Very good revelation. Only by this segment I can feel the prestige of the cruiserweight championship skyrocketing. Probably the first time it's been since.. Neville held it, maybe Murphy. And the first mexican luchador with a truly promising character development and investment since.. Rey Mysterio? xDDD

4 hours ago, Bushy. said:

Lol what do you think is the new era ? I feel like we have a different era every couple of months because so many top guys get moved to Raw & SD. Only thing that’s stayed the same is Cole as champ. But we got 2 hour shows last year, live, main roster invasion, new graphics, music, no fans, etc. 

well to be fair, It's been a while since a top guy from NXT made a move to RAW/SD, I think? Before Riddle that is. 

And Shayna... I guess. 

Alvarez went on a rant saying they're just gonna pretend Mendoza and Wilde kidnapped themselves. Like damn, they just can't be randos like the Dark Order or something? :lol:

And apparently there were plans to debut Santos Escobar while still playing Hijo Del Fantasma for a bit, before reveal they are one in the same. I think that would've been neat.

It would've been neat but some fans know Fantasma has been unmasked before in another promotion so either Google or online spreading would've already leaked the fact they're the same person before the reveal lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived