NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo did Chelsea actually fire Robert? Cuz I'd be very happy about that. Their whole shtick wasn't hitting for me at all.

I liked the Danny/Oney promo. Just them hanging at a bar over a pint. It grounded them so well.

That cage match was insane.  Them boys were hitting STIFF. Props to Thatcher for powering through so long after that first big shot.

Rest of the show was pretty meh to be honest.

Edit: Oh I forgot, the NXT version of a crowd is so weird. They sound like they don't give a shit. That one guy just booing monotonously at everything pissed me off. AEW's "crowds" add way more.

1 hour ago, Counting Lights said:

Yo did Chelsea actually fire Robert? Cuz I'd be very happy about that. Their whole shtick wasn't hitting for me at all.

I liked the Danny/Oney promo. Just them hanging at a bar over a pint. It grounded them so well.

That cage match was insane.  Them boys were hitting STIFF. Props to Thatcher for powering through so long after that first big shot.

Rest of the show was pretty meh to be honest.

Edit: Oh I forgot, the NXT version of a crowd is so weird. They sound like they don't give a shit. That one guy just booing monotonously at everything pissed me off. AEW's "crowds" add way more.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. They were such an annoyance for the entirety of the show. I especially wanted to punch that one guy booing during Gargano's promo. 

I'd imagine they got more freedom on NXT and not walking on eggshells with Vince watching on Raw. Plus, they're watching their friends on NXT so of course they'll *Censored* with them. Not reaching the *censored*ery they do on AEW yet unfortunately. Makes it fun for me.

1 hour ago, Counting Lights said:

I liked the Danny/Oney promo. Just them hanging at a bar over a pint.

Pints of water! It was a decent promo, no arguments there, but seeing the two of them drinking water rather than beer was a bit odd.

Stallion Pete gonna get revenge on not so stallion Thatcher.

Im also thinking back to Mania weekend last year and watching GCW's Bloodsport and how Regal was across from me watching and two people from that show are now signed and debuted on NXT in Thatcher and Kross so far. 

I'm kind intrigued to see how will Pete react to Thatcher when they finally meet. I mean, it would be only reasonable for him to want to twist his fingers and kick the shit out of him, which I really want to see... But then again, for some reason, I could also see them team for a short while. 

Wrestling Observer report on another call-up coming

It appears that Matt Riddle isn't the only NXT star coming up to the WWE main roster.

On the Saturday night Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that Dominik Dijakovic will be called up to the Raw roster, but is unsure when that will be.

The call-up was originally reported by WrestleTalk without the brand he was heading to.

His last match was on the April 29th NXT in a loss to Johnny Gargano. It was just the second match for the 6'7" Dijakovic since the end of February, the other being a loss in a triple threat North American title match involving Keith Lee and Damian Priest on April 1st.

Riddle was officially called up Friday as Kurt Angle made the announcement on a backstage segment on Friday's SmackDown.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/dominik-dijakovic-being-called-wwe-raw-312276

Bo Dallas had an amazing title run.

I'm trying to remember my least favorite title runs....probably between Balor, Joe and Nakamura. But then...their reigns spanned my least favorite era of NXT. Outside of that....maybe Big E? And I say that only because I can't remember it at all.

Great stuff, I hope they go back to releasing themes more frequently.

Speaking of them, I heard Karrion and Scarlett have a team name for some reason. "Fall and Pray" is their name apparently.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived