NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't expect Dream to be back against the UE, even though he kinda did lost dirty...

At this point, the only one that makes sense to take the title from Cole.  I love everything about Cole and the UE... but they need to close that chapter with Velveteen Dream. It will freshen up NXT a ton. 

On 5/21/2020 at 4:28 AM, Fight Me. said:

Riddle/Thatcher really not getting that Takeover spot, huh?

I'm not sure that there would be room on the card for it. Takeover usually features five matches-- or at most, six-- and with Ciampa vs. Kross & Balor vs. Priest already announced, I guess they need to leave space for three/four title matches.

Bruh that Shotzi promo was weird. Some of her dialog was just really cringey, like the stuff a teen punk would say rather than someone in her 20's.

I still freaking love Kross and Scarlett's presentation, but if Kross is just gonna be another "I'ma suplex you pretty hard then choke you out" kind of guy, I'm gonna be bummed. Not that the style isn't cool, but I feel like it's so common nowadays... Feels like he should have a much cooler finisher.

Someone explain the Cruiserweight situation to me? KUSHIDA, Drake and Atlas are getting a tiebreaker, but Tozawa and Hijo aren't? They're both 2-1 though? Shouldn't they have a tiebreaker too?

Tbh surprised these Ever Rise guys weren't part of the cuts. I'm IN for Oney and Danny s Imperium.

Io better win the title at TakeOver. Screw Charlotte, get her out of NXT.

1 hour ago, Counting Lights said:

Someone explain the Cruiserweight situation to me? KUSHIDA, Drake and Atlas are getting a tiebreaker, but Tozawa and Hijo aren't? They're both 2-1 though? Shouldn't they have a tiebreaker too?

Ties are broken by head-to-head records. Fantasma already beat Tozawa. Atlas beat Drake and Kushida too but I guess it's different because it's a three-way tie.

Atlas didn't beat both Drake and Kushida - Atlas beat Drake, Kushida beat Atlas, and Drake beat Kushida , meaning they each have a win and a loss against one another, so head-to-head records can't be used as a tie breaker.

I had thought that one of the groups would end in a three-way tie, although I expected it to be group B, thinking Tozawa, Fantasma and Swerve would all finish 2-1, while I though Kushida would win group A outright; shows what I know.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived