NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gallagher always got these mad simple finishers. Corner Dropkick, Snap Headbutt and now the Rolling Elbow. There was also that one time he used the Crossface Chickenwing with William the Umbrella back when everyone was accusing him of copying Marty Scurll. :lol:

Wait a minute, so Adam Cole and the Undisputed Era are gonna go after Dexter Lumis?

Oh no.......guys, it....it may be a possibility that since the Velveteen Dream didn't win the title due to the allegations, and they're going after Dexter, it may end up being Dexter that'll win the NXT championship from Cole at NXT Takeover In Your House.

That'll be bullshit if that happens, cause Dexter haven't even been in NXT long enough to earn the championship. Dream however, was more than ready for the Championship, but due to what happened, he didn't get the title that he rightfully deserve and earned...

No way is Dexter winning it, he's just a nice filler feud for Cole lol

And KO won the title in 2 months and Dexter debuted about a year ago in that tourney ACH won (lol). Angel Garza was also in that thing and look what he's been able to do since then.

1 hour ago, AONO. said:

Riddle vs Thatcher at in your house? OUCH.

Also, I can't wait for Thatcer vs Dunne now...

Happened last night already. Though I suppose there will be a rematch...maybe a submission match??

On 5/14/2020 at 1:31 AM, PaperThinWalls said:

I really don't like Tegan's chokeslam.

Usually I think it's alright, but even as a mark for her, I admit this particular one didn't look too good - I think trying to chokeslam someone who's a few inches taller than her was ill-advised.

I love Gallagher but I feel like the man went and goofed with this new look. This shtick as a serious mma type guy, while maybe true to his real self, is kind flat for WWE. Especially when there's already other guys doing it better. I wish he never got the tats and just got to go back to the babyface Extraordinary Gentleman we got in the CWC, that entire gimmick was fun and oozed charisma. 

But if we're stuck with this look, he could at least diversify his moves a bit. Most of what made me like him in the first place were the tricky showman holds that wouldn't fit him as a heel.

Yeah, I would've been fine with him just going back to his old gimmick. He was face again for a while last year, but he didn't have fun with it like the first time around. I can't blame him for wanting to reinvent himself though, it's worked for guys like Gulak. Still, crazy to think he was the most over babyface in the division and actually got decent reactions from the Raw crowd at one point. But the timing was bad with Neville's reign just starting at the time.

I'm pretty sure that he and Neville were the WrestleMania match for 205 that year until they found out Aries was gonna be cleared. Like you said, Gallagher was like the only Cruiser who was actually pretty over with casual RAW crowds, and even got the Rumble spot. 

Gulak tbf needed the goofy heel phase, as it helped him find his inner charismatic self. Dude was the sole reason I'd watch 205 when he was doing the Powerpoints and his segment with Breezango is something I still go back and rewatch. Then his recent stuff with Bryan has been that perfect halfway point, because he gets to show charisma, while also being a serious wrestler in ring. Kinda took the best of everything. 

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived