NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

3 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

I agree, just seems the same rules should apply here. Granted it was repeatedly done so maybe that's why Johnny got away with it lol

Rhea said those reports were false and that she was still in the US. There's a travel ban anyway so no way they could've sent her home and back lol

I think the difference is one couldn't be seen as accident and the other one since it was only one could be seen as an accident. But yeah both should be a DQ.

Oh didn't know that. I guess Rhea didn't lose because of that. They just felt the need to take the title away from her early.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT'S GRYME TYME.  BROOKLYN BROOKLYN.

Bálor's double stomp was kinda like a baby version of the Cave In lol

Shame Finn's heel run was so short lived.

23 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Well, at least his heelish attitude haven't changed...

I think that heel turn for Bálor was what he needed, now he's a new person, with a better gimmick than what he was before.

Yeah, the heel turn was short lived, but now he can truly shine as being THIS kind of Bálor and not the smiling one...

4 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

As long as he keeps this edge, I’m 100% okay with it. Feel like he’ll be even more over now, no Demon needed. Honestly I hope he retires the whole Demon alter ego. Like he can still paint himself for special occasions but let it JUST be paint and not some like magical steroid that makes him harder to beat.

Leon Ruff just cannot catch a break huh? Lmao Kross looks dope as expected.

Krosses entrance and presentation was cool I guess... but... meh. Not a fan.

Had no hope or expectation of Io winning, but I really don't care for Charlotte in NXT. Guess they want to reprise Ripleys title hunt, which is... weird, since it just happened. 

Can't help but to think the IG controversey played a part in Dream not winning, but he had a really good showing. It was still a weird match. Since it was so one sided for a good portion of it, I knew Dream would lose. That Lumis character was... whatever. They are trying to make someone interesting that looks like a vanilla ice cream cone. 

NXT became weird since WM. I'm sure the virus played a big part of it, and messed up a lot of plans, but still... I think this is the first time I'm not really interested since they went live. Especially if they start pushing Kross and Lumis more. 

Maybe for the low tier and up and coming talent? I can see that. But the top ones, are that have been at the top for a long while now... eh, a lot of them seem kinda lost. 

I don't doubt that the virus somewhat messed up a lot of things for the top NXT talent. A lot of the matches were scrapped, postponed, etc... For example UE would be in something else, or even move on to RAW/SD (just randomly guessing), or Dream would either already be champion, or move on. Finn would be fighting WALTER, cruiserweight division would maybe not change much, but there probably wouldn't a tournament. 

My point is, they are stagnating, and it's not like I blame them due to the circuimstances, but for example Charlotte wasn't needed. And UE and Cole as a champion has lost a lot of momentum... now I'm not sure who will go after him, nor do I have somebody that seems like a good choice. I think they should have used this story with Dream for a new chapter... now, they kinda regressed. Or if Lumis is for whatever the reason next in line... then just WTF :lol: 

I think you can add Gargano to the mix as well. I like that he is a heel, sure, but somehow seems just too similar to what they did with Ciampa back then. 

I think the Women's division is worse now than it was a few months ago. Charlotte has not been good for that division (the usual, generic Charlotte superiority schtick we've all seen many times before) and the stuff outside the title picture needs more heat. And I agree with Dream/Cole feud, it's not a storyline I care much about, but I honestly don't know if the pandemic is the reason for that considering I wasn't a big fan of the UE/Dream stuff early in the year anyway.  

Heel, weasel Gargano. Bad-tempered Balor. Ciampa/Kross. Lee/Priest. The CW tournament storylines. And the overall more straightforward, streamlined approach are my positives. 

Late to this, but just finished the show.

Glad Io didn't lose clean. I need her to take that belt from Charlotte and now she has a rematch claim.

Killer Kross's entrance was pretty fantastic. Overall presentation was great and commentary sold him great as well. I just sincerely hope his moveset is more exciting than what he showed in the little squash. Scarlett tho...

I'm wondering if Dream was initially planned to win until the allegations came forward a week back...

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived