NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As noted, tonight’s show will air live from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, instead of Full Sail University, due to the coronavirus pandemic. It’s been reported that the show will not feature any new live matches, but will air from a studio setting with interviews, personality profiles, and older footage. It was also reported, via Dave Meltzer, that tonight’s NXT will have a “modified format” from what we saw on the recent RAW and SmackDown episodes at the Performance Center.

There’s no word yet on what Triple H and Phillips will be doing tonight, or if the regular announce team of Nigel McGuinness, WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix, and Mauro Ranallo will be used. WWE had previously announced Candice LeRae vs. Mercedes Martinez in a “Takeover: Tampa Bay” Ladder Match qualifier for tonight’s show, but with Takeover up in the air due to the WrestleMania 36 Week cancellations, that match likely won’t happen. NXT Champion Adam Cole’s title reign celebration also appears to have been nixed, but could still happen.

AEW night I guess 

40 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

I would've preferred video packages like this for Raw going into Mania instead of rewatching the Rumble.

You gotta remember WWE is scrambling, the people who make the video packages are probably not in office so don't have quick access to all videos they would need. 

8 minutes ago, Generations said:

I just fast forwarded through this entire show. I honestly expected...something. This was nothing. If you watched that live over AEW, I feel sorry for you.

Only did cause I don't have TNT unfortunately lol

Adam Cole is the best NXT champion of all time. Shame the build up to him vs Dream has started off shaky, even though I think the cage match was great, and the finish was neatly done. Even more of a shame that the perfect circle has been... well not broken maybe, but certainly prolongated lol 

I'm glad 205 Live is keeping the "Raul Mendoza was kidnapped" storyline alive. Why has noone involved the police? They just hope they hear from him soon. :lol:

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived