NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do ratings really mean that much though nowadays? I feel like ratings alone shouldn't be a direct indication of how good or bad a show is.

Yes it does, and I hate it. I listen to WOL everyday and thats like 50% of what they talk about it. Of course it shouldnt hurt your enjoyment of the show, but it does matter.

Of course ratings DO matter to a degree--I don't see how it wouldn't matter. I'm just saying that I don't know if it matters as much nowadays as it once did in regard to overall show quality. I just hate how ratings suddenly get brought up constantly now that NXT and AEW are on the same nights. A lot of fans seem to be trying force this whole "Wednesday Night War" thing as an excuse to constantly compare ratings and shit... and it's hardly a "war" at all, in my opinion. Definitely far from being anything close to a war like in the past. It had died down though.

But do they report on full ratings? Cause no with DVR and onDemand you have three seperate segments of ratings, live, DVR and people who watch ondemand if available.

Also what bothers me about Gargano screaming about being Mr. NXT is that his W/L in major matches is awful.

But do they report on full ratings?Cause no with DVR and onDemand you have three seperate segments of ratings, live, DVR and people who watch ondemand if available.

Also what bothers me about Gargano screaming about being Mr. NXT is that his W/L in major matches is awful.

They report who watches on TV during the first/live broadcast. Those are the full ratings, the Nielsen ratings. They don't take any of that other stuff into account. You can of course, but those are the "ratings".

But do they report on full ratings? Cause no with DVR and onDemand you have three seperate segments of ratings, live, DVR and people who watch ondemand if available.

They cover all 3 but mainly talk about the live audiences.

Of course ratings DO matter to a degree--I don't see how it wouldn't matter. I'm just saying that I don't know if it matters as much nowadays as it once did in regard to overall show quality. I just hate how ratings suddenly get brought up constantly now that NXT and AEW are on the same nights. A lot of fans seem to be trying force this whole "Wednesday Night War" thing as an excuse to constantly compare ratings and shit... and it's hardly a "war" at all, in my opinion. Definitely far from being anything close to a war like in the past. It had died down though.

Im in agreement with you lol. But ratings matter a lot. Its the reason why NXT won at SS, why Charlotte is challenging for the NXT women's title, etc.

But do they report on full ratings?Cause no with DVR and onDemand you have three seperate segments of ratings, live, DVR and people who watch ondemand if available.

They report who watches on TV during the first/live broadcast. Those are the full ratings, the Nielsen ratings. They don't take any of that other stuff into account. You can of course, but those are the "ratings".

Think Neilsen takes DVR views into consideration now cause people are still seeing ads on recorded things still.

Maybe I haven't seen much from her to make a fair judgement, but I haven't been too impressed by what I've seen.

I do remember she had that banger against Meiko Satomura in the MYC a little over a year ago. Easily the best I've ever seen from that tournament. Probably one of the better women's matches I've seen in WWE in many years.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived