NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommaso Ciampa On What He Told WWE Officials About A Possible Move From WWE NXT To The Main Roster

Tommaso Ciampa recently appeared on Lilian Garcia's "Chasing Glory" podcast and said he's WWE NXT 4 Life. He talked about telling WWE officials that he's not willing to move to RAW or SmackDown.

"Before, I just didn't want to because I really believed in NXT and wanted to ride it," Ciampa said. "I wanted to see how far we could take it. Now it's hit a whole different level of there is that, but I have a little one at home and my schedule is better in NXT than it would be on the road."

Ciampa continued, "I had neck surgery and I'm not freaking stupid. I get that my window is smaller than it was and my bump card is ticking. I just look at like, if I'm doing 200 plus dates a year on the road with Raw or SmackDown OR I'm doing a manageable load of 30 to 50 matches with NXT I can do 4 years of that in the time that I do 1 year on Raw or SmackDown. So how long can my career and portfolio grow HERE as opposed to going there."

"I legitimately vocalized to them, if I have to go to Raw or SmackDown then I'm gonna retire," Ciampa claimed. "I would love to produce or coach or be apart of it, but there's no way I'm taking on that load and going, 'Yeah, I'll just have a 6-month run and then call it quits.' I just won't do that. It's not worth it to me."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/12/tommaso-ciampa-on-what-he-told-wwe-officials-about-a-662994/

when NXT beats them then he has to accentuate that it's barely... but before it was just, well AEW winsagainlol :lol:

Are you blind? He literally said AEW barely won in demographics.

Yes, yes I am sir.

Satisfied?

Not really.

The quality of your posts has gone from bad to worse lately, so stop that.

Really dont want Thorne in a team again. Love him as a single. Hes top 5 in my favs.

Really? Why? Not knocking your opinion, just that Thorne really hasn't done anything impressive since returning IMO. I don't dislike him, but also don't know that I want him any higher on the card than he is now.

He def more established as a singles start then TMDK were as a tag team in NXT.

Really dont want Thorne in a team again. Love him as a single. Hes top 5 in my favs.

Really? Why? Not knocking your opinion, just that Thorne really hasn't done anything impressive since returning IMO. I don't dislike him, but also don't know that I want him any higher on the card than he is now.

He def more established as a singles start then TMDK were as a tag team in NXT.

I gotta disagree. TMDK debuted in a competitive match vs DIY and then made the finals of the Dusty Classic later that year. Shane Thorne solo has....cut some promos about not getting TV time and lost whenever he's gotten it. Neither run is exactly groundbreaking, but they were way more established as a team.

Because Candice just got a huge win in War Games and having her lose immediately wouldn't have been great booking either. Tbh I don't know why Dakota is facing them so damn soon, when all three should be riding waves of momentum. I understand the logic in wanting to get back at the traitor, but couldn they have held these off for a little while?

Because Candice just got a huge win in War Games and having her lose immediately wouldn't have been great booking either. Tbh I don't know why Dakota is facing them so damn soon, when all three should be riding waves of momentum. I understand the logic in wanting to get back at the traitor, but couldn they have held these off for a little while?

They need to book 2 hours every week now

Pre-2 hour NXT there would have been atleast a week without a match between Dakota and Team Rhea

A huge team win. But let's be real here: the main objective for War Games was to get Dakota and Rhea over. Everyone got a rub but those are the two who they're really pushing. If you're having a match between Dakota and Candice, you give the one you're pushing harder the win. A DQ finish for a match that was that length is super cheap. And if it's essential to protect Candice, then have Dakota win dirty.

Rhea/Dakota tomorrow feels too soon, but I'm sure something fishy will happen.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived