NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Dusty classic is always some underwhelming shit. (At least for me personally). Like...the first year you had American Alpha and The Revival fail to advance in favor of Balor/Joe and Corbin/Rhyno. The next year you had Sanity and DIY fail to advance in favor of TM-61 and AoP (hey, at least the were both real teams this time...but, still). 2018 was good. No complaints there (except for Dunne and Strong being a randomly thrown together team)...but that led to Strong joining UE, so that's all good. And this year...hoo boy, I'm just not a fan of random teams, so the unbeatable combo of Black and Ricochet does nothing for me. I feel like Forgotten Sons are being built up to win in the end somehow...but I'm not a fan of either outcome. I feel like they finally could have given something to Street Profits, tbh.

And yeah, Forgotten Sons are tedious af. Maybe I'm just tired of seeing/hearing angry white men. Like...that's their gimmick, right? "We're angry white men with an ambiguous military background, and America doesn't appreciate us."?

In a perfect world we would have had a good story going into the tag title match at TakeOver, but clearly they had nothing so they decided to go with the Dusty Classic. Should Black & Ricochet win at least we'll get one hell of an opening tag-team match for TakeOver.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and locked this topic

Archived