Official GIFs, Pics & Vids Thread VI

Jmerc

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally...the guy is still the same guy. He was boring to me in WWE for reasons beyond what WWE booked him to be. So, I'm hesitant to think that this will change anything. I know that being unhappy can affect how you work...so, maybe it will. But I'm still hesitant to jump on any "Jon Moxley is awesome!" train.

Secondly, the production of this video is higher than what I assume Dean could put together on his own...and it's higher than what most indy feds are capable of. Unless Dean knows some people personally who did him a solid and made him a quality hype promo...then I'm inclined to believe this was indeed put together by a promotion that knows what they're doing. Have wee seen any sort of video production out of AEW yet? I honestly can't recall. And I want to say that the production of this goes beyond Impact as well. It seriously feels like a WWE promo that has just been designed to not look like one. :lol:

^ I'm in the same boat about Ambrose/Moxley, except that I started to enjoy him, when he stopped giving a shit these past few months. He finally had the "Idgaf"-attitude around his character, that people hyped up so much from 2011-Shield debut :P

His look also changed for the better. The sirens improved his theme massively, although I have no idea why he had them in the first place.

If anything, it seems like he wants to return to a more hardcore style...which has kind of seen its dying days by 2019. There aren't too many promotions doing extreme death match content these days. I mean...CZW still exists, but you never really hear anything about them in a normal pro wrestling conversation. And there are a few promotions like DDT and BJW in Japan...but I couldn't see him doing that. So...what's left? Working for Impact or AEW? MLW? Portraying another "hardcore" gimmick like Sami Callihan or Jimmy Havok? In my opinion, those guys are already trying way too hard to be "edgy" at this point in their careers. The era of that style of performance just feels fully exhausted to me. Not really interested in that, tbh. Giving each other paper cuts and stapling each others arms is kind of...eh...you know the word I would like to use, but I won't.

Edited by Generations

If anything, it seems like he wants to return to a more hardcore style...which has kind of seen its dying days by 2019. There aren't too many promotions doing extreme death match content these days. I mean...CZW still exists, but you never really hear anything about them in a normal pro wrestling conversation. And there are a few promotions like DDT and BJW in Japan...but I couldn't see him doing that. So...what's left? Working for Impact or AEW? MLW? Portraying another "hardcore" gimmick like Sami Callihan or Jimmy Havok? In my opinion, those guys are already trying way too hard to be "edgy" at this point in their careers. The era of that style of performance just feels fully exhausted to me. Not really interested in that, tbh. Giving each other paper cuts and stapling each others arms is kind of...eh...you know the word I would like to use, but I won't.

There are quite a few companies that still put on Deathmatches. It's not going to be every match but it's not uncommon. Progress still put them on with the likes of Jimmy Havoc, Paul Robinson and Drew Parker etc. So if he was going to go down the route of the hardcore style I think he wouldn't struggle to find the places to book them.

Anyway.

I'm curious to see how this will work out for him. I'm excited to see what he will actually do with his character without the restrictions, whether he will just resort back to old Moxley or an evolved version of him.