How to get around this issue?

cmhunter7g2

I make logos that look fine on computer but then when putting them in the game it really amplifies the flaws.

I took this yellow mask design that you see here...

lucha-flight-designs.jpg

But when I put it in the game it looks like this...

My-Great-Capture-Screenshot-2019-03-05-1

What paint program or tool do I use to get it smoother so when I put it in the game it won't have this issue?

Cheers everyone

I don't think it's a paint program problem I think it's the games problem you're taking that you made Flat on the computer and trying to wrap it around a 3D model

I thought this at first as well but then I notice other people's logos don't have this issue. I mean some do but some don't. You can zoom in on them all day and they look great.

There can be differences depending on the Resolution, amount of Colors as also the file type you are using.

I'm only using the Windows paint when I'm taking screenshots of my creations and even then I noticed that it reduces the light and colors of the Images reducing their Resolution.

When it Comes to the logos I'm creating, I'm always using paintshoppro and I never have this issue with it.

Transparencywise you are better served with PNG Images since JPG will reset it while saving the file and you will end up with a background(in the case of your Image the black behind the logos you created) in game.

So I'm only using JPG on large full Images and using png for smaller Images with a transparent Background.

Like X-Zero also mentioned, in some cases it is better to cut the Image in two parts so you won't have to Stretch it too much in game.

This way it looks better and keeps a better Quality in Overall. :)

Good luck!

Always set the resolution to 300dpi on whatever photo editing suite you're using. I'd also consider splitting them up in to smaller individual elements with a transparent background (.png file).

Also, try using a bigger canvas size.

Thanks for the responses. I'll go over them carefully in a minute because what you guys are saying seems a bit complicated.

Just so you know I DO know how to remove backgrounds and what not. I do that in Corel PaintShopPro X8. I just coincidentally didn't use one of those ones in this thread.

Here's one with no background (just so you know I can do that)

lucha-2-no-bg-Copy-2.png

Now I'm gonna carefully read everyone's responses.

Whst logo size are you uploading them as? 256? 512?

I've tried both of those and the problem is still there.

Always set the resolution to 300dpi on whatever photo editing suite you're using. I'd also consider splitting them up in to smaller individual elements with a transparent background (.png file).

Also, try using a bigger canvas size.

Set it to 300dpi and that has definitely helped. It's not perfect but much better than before. Thanks.

Anyone know how to make the canvas bigger in Corel Paintshop Pro x8? Cause when I go to image and canvas and adjust the stuff it makes it smaller. Weird.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived