Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chyna going in as part of DX or solo, either way is great that she's finally being included.

I would prefer Shawn or NAO doing a speech for her but wouldn't be all that bothered if it is by Trips or Waltman

I'd imagine it would be Hunter, it was his idea to bring her in to WWE in the first place. Plus of course the two were close. I think Steph would be okay with him doing it, I'd guess that came up when the induction was mentioned (in fact I seem to remember something about Chyna's family being the main reason she couldn't go in - similar to Martha Hart and Owen)

Glad for Chyna. This might be the only way she ever gets in, but its really not a bad compromise. Probably the only way for X-Pac too, but for different reasons.

I dunno, this is an ice breaker - they could do an individual induction easier down the line. Might actually be the only way for Triple H to get in as well, because it seems to me that the McMahons (in terms of the family) aren't eligible - because why the hell is Vince not in there?

I said "might".

What if it's just a DX Edition and all the members who haven't been inducted already will get separate introduction it's going to be an hour long DX Hall of Fame

As a unit, DX makes sense in the HoF.

As singles performers...HHH, HBK and Chyna are really the only standouts of the group.

It would be like inducting the Nation of Domination...it would be kind of weird, because D-Lo ain't really on that level. Which, I suspect is probably why WWE went out of their way to induct Ron, Henry, and Godfather separately. Poor D-Lo. :lol:

What if it's just a DX Edition and all the members who haven't been inducted already will get separate introduction it's going to be an hour long DX Hall of Fame

As a unit, DX makes sense in the HoF.

As singles performers...HHH, HBK and Chyna are really the only standouts of the group.

It would be like inducting the Nation of Domination...it would be kind of weird, because D-Lo ain't really on that level. Which, I suspect is probably why WWE went out of their way to induct Ron, Henry, and Godfather separately. Poor D-Lo. :lol:

We have the New Age Outlaws and X-Pac had a solid career two companies

New Age Outlaws had a solid career as a team, within a team. NaO basically existed under the umbrella of DX.

X-Pac? Eh...maybe. Depends how much credit you want to give to his 1-2-3 Kid days. His best work still happened under the DX umbrella. Point is, it would be a bit of a stretch for Pac to be inducted on his own. Could it happen? Absolutely. But it wouldn't be the type of decision that would be made before a long list of other people are inducted first, IMO.

I feel like, for anyone to be inducted as a solo act, they need to have had a career where they were mostly on their own. Pac was always a tag team guy...whether it was DX, Kane, or nWo...and his most notable stuff was definitely with DX.

For a modern comparison, I'd say...New Day will be inducted as a team eventually. And Kofi will also be inducted as a solo act. But I don't think Woods or Big E will be inducted for solo careers.

The Outlaws would have easily gotten in just as a duo.

I agree.

But there's no point to induct them as a duo in addition to the whole of DX, is there?

I suppose it would be like inducting Arn and Tully separately as a team from the Horsemen. The NAO are definitely HOF worthy as a team. I'm surprised they're not in already.

I don't think anyone is sleeping on the Outlaws. But, why would you induct a team twice? It just happens to be an interesting dynamic where there was a team within a larger team. Taking absolutely nothing away from the NoA or what they accomplished...but there's no point in inducting them separately from DX as a whole.

It would be like inducting the nWo...AND the Outsiders.

They probably should have inducted the Outlaws on their own, for their own merits. The induction for DX probably should have been for the original stable of HHH, HBK, Rude, and Chyna. But then you'd be leaving Pac out. It's just a unique situation where a decision needed to be made. I doubt Outlaws will get a second induction. It doesn't mean that they don't deserve it. It just wouldn't make sense from a logistics standpoint.

The Outlaws would have easily gotten in just as a duo.

I agree.

But there's no point to induct them as a duo in addition to the whole of DX, is there?

No there isn't. However you were talking about which members of DX could have gone in outside of the group induction, hence why I said NAO would have been a safe bet as a duo.

I did not say to add them in additionally.

Archived