WWE Drama

EJ!

Sullivan may have made the statements years ago, but he was still very much an adult at the time he made them and he certainly didn't make any attempt to let WWE know of his own volition that he once held such views.

100,000 may be a bit much in my eyes but I'm certainly not going to cry for him. Some of the stuff he said is truly disgusting and, with his supposed anxiety attacks, also quite hypocritical.

I hate to say it but hopefully it'll act as an example to the rest that saying crap like that straight up will not be tolerated.

Edited by Brandon-X

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sullivan may have made the statements years ago, but he was still very much an adult at the time he made them and he certainly didn't make any attempt to let WWE know of his own volition that he once held such views.

100,000 may be a bit much in my eyes but I'm certainly not going to cry for him. Some of the stuff he said is truly disgusting and, with his supposed anxiety attacks, also quite hypocritical.

I hate to say it but hopefully it'll act as an example to the rest that saying crap like that straight up will not be tolerated.

Because that's not how jobs work or should work.

And he already owned up to them and gave no excuses about posting that stuff.

It should if youre working for a major company or business. We just saw it with Enzo. They dont need the backlash because of some ignorant shit you said or actions you did in the past or present that come to light. No sympathy for the payback he has to deal with.

Edited by Ziggy Sinatra

It should if youre working for a major company or business. We just saw it with Enzo. They dont need the backlash because of some ignorant shit you said or actions you did in the past or present that come to light. No sympathy for the payback he has to deal with.

What Lars did was incredibly morally wrong, but he didn't do anything illegal. Enzo did something very illegal. It's different.

Still shouldve saved his own ass or something

By doing what?

Seriously. A page back we were talking about posts of most of us on here.

There are some seriously awful posts. We, as a forum, have called other people literal Ebola, used censored slur words, made ouutrageous comparisons and some have talked about the death of certain people making them happy. Did you keep track of all the things you ever posted on the internet and brought them into a job interview?

Because that is basically what you're requesting here.

And again...This is the same company (and the same sponsors) who are glorifying the likes of Ultimate Warrior and have no problem with being directly associated with Saudi Arabian royalty. Fining someone with 100k for this he said before he was employed is just stupid.

Fire him. Suspend him. De-push him. Whatever. But fining him with 100k? Bullshit.

By doing what?

Seriously. A page back we were talking about posts of most of us on here.

There are some seriously awful posts. We, as a forum, have called other people literal Ebola, used censored slur words, made ouutrageous comparisons and some have talked about the death of certain people making them happy. Did you keep track of all the things you ever posted on the internet and brought them into a job interview?

Because that is basically what you're requesting here.

And again...This is the same company (and the same sponsors) who are glorifying the likes of Ultimate Warrior and have no problem with being directly associated with Saudi Arabian royalty. Fining someone with 100k for this he said before he was employed is just stupid.

Fire him. Suspend him. De-push him. Whatever. But fining him with 100k? Bullshit.

No, but I know for a fact that I have never said any racist bullshit. I got more sense than to go back and forth with some clown over the net by resorting to some poor choice words that they use towards me or go off the deep end and pull a Michael Richards or Hogan towards the opposite race, religion, sexual preference,etc that'll bite me in the end. Said this back when the Hogan shit came out. Like I said, no sympathy for what payback he has to deal with. He lucky they didn't Jessica Havok his ass.

Folks seriously justifying his punishment, smh. Some people already don't have an issue with what he said and agree with him. *censored*ed up ass world. Lars felt big and bad by saying that bs back then, now he gotta act like a big boy by paying for it. Case closed

Edited by Ziggy Sinatra

How exactly?

What you are asking for is a coulda woulda should situation. How can you save you ass when something like this happens? Things dont just get magically deleted in life. Not even on the internet.

Who the hell is justifying his punishment here?

Edited by Creepia

I was talking about people agreeing and justifying with Lars elsewhere Creep. Don't have to spell out which group of people Im referring too either, I'm sure you know.

And I know stuff doesnt disappear off the web. All I was saying is that if Lars was aware about his comments even though they were old af, he couldve tried to make peace or something idk. Regardless people no matter the race gotta watch what they say. Folks look for any and everything to bring you down. If they gotta suffer from it when shit goes down then thats what it is, not bullshit or stupid.

Edited by Ziggy Sinatra

Folks seriously justifying his punishment, smh.

Dont start spouting off about people outside of this forum whilst you are in the middle of a discussion with someone on this forum about it. How are we to know you mean outside of this place? Some context would have been lovely there.

Dont start spouting off about people outside of this forum whilst you are in the middle of a discussion with someone on this forum about it. How are we to know you mean outside of this place? Some context would have been lovely there.

I wouldve named names or said LEGION you are seriously justifying his punishment, smh :wink:

And I don't get why Lars punishment is bs and stupid. Is it because his past comments caught up with him? Cry me a river. Others have been fined or grilled backstage for legit bullshit reasons. See Titus ONeil

Edited by Ziggy Sinatra

I wouldve named names or said LEGION you are seriously justifying his punishment, smh :wink:

And I don't get why Lars punishment is bs and stupid. Is it because his past comments caught up with him? Cry me a river. Others have been fined or grilled backstage for legit bullshit reasons. See Titus ONeil

Because fining someone money for things they typed on the internet years ago is a weird and illogical way of going about it. There is no precedent for that, especially in WWE. It feels random af.

That is why its bullshit. Give him a better, more fitting punishment.

Man, *Censored* Lars Sullivan lmao

That is all.

Exactly. Sure he should've been punished more, but I dont wanna see the guy lose his job cause we all gotta eat even though his pockets are being hit up. Bs or not, him being ordered to pay up plus going to some classes fine by me. He ain't got my support other than not wanting anything bad to happen to him. I've seen folks wish he would commit suicide and such. I ain't cold hearted like that nor want bad energy coming back to me. So like you said, *Censored* him. He gotta deal with it in the end like Warrior, Hogan, Havok, etc Edited by Ziggy Sinatra

Its corny to go digging up old shit people said and its also corny for WWE to posture like this knowing its history. That said, no sympathy for Lars whatsoever. Yeah we say dumb shit on here all the time because we assume there is this code that all of us will keep what we say on this forum and on this forum only. But this is the internet, and we are adults and part of that is being responsible for what we say. If any of our shenanigans gets out there, thats on us because we didnt have to say any of it. I try to make sure I dont post things that I wouldnt wanna answer for later. I even go back and delete old tweets that MIGHT be too inflammatory just because I know people are weird.

Beyond that, just like Hogans bitch ass, Lars was and is a grown ass man. Racism and rape (only two of the subjects he was trash about) aint things where you can just be an adult and have a bad opinion on and play the *we shouldnt judge him by todays standards* card. They have been bad for a loooooong ass time and his grown ass still had/has those beliefs. The time that has passed is irrelevant because as stated, he was an adult when he said those things, so yeah we gotta know if you still feel that way before we have you around the people those comments were aimed at. To me, hes not worth all the trouble. I woulda just tossed him but Im black and passionate about these things so I guess Im biased.

Honestly, my take on the Lars situation is this:

You know that stereotype of the 10 year old kid who plays shitty video games and screams down the headset about how he's gonna rape/murder your entire family, all the while using various words that would have to be bleeped if said on daytime television? That's how I see this whole Lars stuff. Saying really shitty things he doesn't truly believe just for the sake of getting a reaction. However, that does not excuse it. Doing some maths, Lars was around 22-25ish when this was all going on. I'm 24 as of this post, and for all the trolling I do/did across various forums, groups and communities, I know stuff like that is way over the line. However, I could be wrong, and if he does truly believe that, then he can clear off and, as Big E said on Twitter, can live with the Albatross of being a bigot in a locker room full of minorities.

On another note, I do not agree with the whole witch-hunt culture that followed this issue. One person on reddit compiled a list of everything Lars said, (I'll link to it if the mods allow it.) from the racist remarks about Kofi Kingston & R-Truth, the tag champions at the time, to him calling Zack Ryder "cringeworthy". A: Why did you need to compile a list like that? And B: why is stuff like that second one even there? As a huge fan of one Mr. Ryder even I know that comment has no place being there with the offensive remarks. On top of that the fans had no right to start complaining to sponsors, as if those fans have never said anything offensive in their lives.

That being said, I do think this was out of WWE's jurisdiction. While I fully agree Lars should be disciplined for it, (which he was with a rightful ban from the forums) it should have been from his employer at the time, if he even had one. If Lars was to head off to RoH or Impact in a few years, should they fine him too? The whole thing seems ridiculous to me.

To conclude, I just feel like this entire situation was blown way bigger than it needs to be. Just Lars being a really bad troll, which he apologised for. And if R-Truth, a direct victim of Lars' remarks is cool with him enough to put him over, who am I to judge?

What youre saying makes no sense.

If you get hired by a job, you gonna tell them all the criticisms youve lashed out on against Vince or anyone else ?

This isnt me defending what Lars said at all. But youre really gonna tell your employer about some posts on a forum you probably forgot about years ago? I dont buy it.

Im honestly just tired of fans snitching on entertainers. Not even just in wrestling, theyve done it with Kevin Hart, some baseball or basketball players, other actors, singers. Its just annoying and gross.

Im fine with whatever punishment they give him tbh. While being fined 100k for past comments seems ridiculous, set a precedent, I dont really care. I just wish I can have my entertainment without being clouded by personal beliefs these entertainers have. Unless I go seeking out for it, I dont want to know lol. If this were the case, Im pretty sure Id have to cancel every person Ive ever been a fan of by digging through their past. I just rather not even know honestly.

I said what I said already about that and responded to whatever else. No I wouldn't tell my employer cause I dont have shit controversial on me to that level. Only thing someone can pull up on me if they was sooo envious to get me fired or whatever is my tweet from 2011 or 2012 about Tourettes during an ending episode of RAW. That's all imma say.

In Lio Rush news,

Lio Rush has removed all mention of the WWE from his online social media profiles during the last week of April, and has listed his email in his Instagram bio for future bookings. See image below.

QfB9uNM.png

Rush has been the topic of much debate within the wrestling community recently for stating that someone within the WWE wanted him fired, and addressing rumored backstage heat he had in an interview with Fightful, in which he said, “The look of a black kid carrying waters and bags for other wrestlers is just not a good look, especially portray myself as a superstar as well.”
Rush has been absent from television for several weeks. He did not travel with the WWE for their current European tour. Neither Rush, nor the WWE have confirmed a departure at this time.
Stay tuned.
Edited by Ziggy Sinatra

I said what I said already about that and responded to whatever else. No I wouldn't tell my employer cause I dont have shit controversial on me to that level. Only thing someone can pull up on me if they was sooo envious to get me fired or whatever is my tweet from 2011 or 2012 about Tourettes during an ending episode of RAW. That's all imma say.

In Lio Rush news,

Lio Rush has removed all mention of the WWE from his online social media profiles during the last week of April, and has listed his email in his Instagram bio for future bookings. See image below.

QfB9uNM.png

Rush has been the topic of much debate within the wrestling community recently for stating that someone within the WWE wanted him fired, and addressing rumored backstage heat he had in an interview with Fightful, in which he said, The look of a black kid carrying waters and bags for other wrestlers is just not a good look, especially portray myself as a superstar as well.

Rush has been absent from television for several weeks. He did not travel with the WWE for their current European tour. Neither Rush, nor the WWE have confirmed a departure at this time.

Stay tuned.

Sooooo are you going to bring that tweet to your next job interview or nah?

*Censored* Reddit. Yeah I said it for you lurkers

U2TTOVa.jpg

Besides what I tweeted was lightweight compared to others

Ahh so we can pick and choose what we bring up to new employers can we? You gonna print them out, bring them in a folder and colour code them?